June 2011 Moms
Options

Ok I get it....

First off forgive the format I'm on my phone. Ok so Before I had a baby I made fun of the whole baby wearing thing. I thought the wraps were for the hippy crunchy people and that wasn't me. Fast forward and here I am with an almost 5 wk old who during the day doesn't nap well unless I hold her all day. I have the baby Bjorne but find it rough on our skin and i read all this stuff about it being bad for babys hips. So I broke down yesterday out of curiosity and slight desperation and got a moby. All day Rylee has been a little cranky and fighting sleep until I put her in the moby. She lasted about a minute and passed out. She's been asleep almost an hr now and I'm comfy and so is she. I admit defeat and offer apologies to the hippy crunchy moms lol. Next thing you know, I'll be cloth diapering! ?
BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok I get it....

• Options

I heart my Bjorn and the Moby :)

The Bjorn is nice to keep in the car, that way I can just plop her in it for a quick trip into Target/grocery store.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Haha! I'm not super into attachment parenting, but I LOVE my moby. I can pull her out of the carseat and put her into it to run errands and I can grocery shop, etc. without having to worry about lugging around that stupid carseat. And at home I can do dishes, laundry, etc (in fact I find the white noise of the sink and washing machine actually help her calm down!) 

We have an ergo too for when she outgrows the moby, but for now she's definitely more comfortable all snuggled and warm against me.  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to the crunchy side! It's nice over here!

• Options
    Love our Ergo!  It's the best for grocery shopping... seriously I thought it was a little silly to be wearing your kid.  It always reminded me of those chimps that walk around with their babies hanging on their backs 24/7.  But now I get it... those apes know what they're doing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love love love our wrap. DS hates his car seat unless he's moving, so when we go out to eat, we used to end up holding him and eating one handed. I knew he liked his wrap, but I didn't think about it until a friend suggested wearing him at dinner. OMG! I can eat 2 handed! I also wear him when we go to the grocery store, and around the house when I need to get stuff done and he refuses to sleep anywhere but my chest.

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been able to use my Moby because I have had a hard time tying it. Any suggestions? TIA!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekimeve:

Yes

• Options
    vigurlvigurl member
    I am also not into attachment parenting but I totally get wearing your LO.  It is great at the grocery store.  I can fill my cart instead of putting things around the car seat.  I love it at home when LO is cranky and I need to vacuum and mop.  He goes right to sleep. Of course when I am finished and I take him out he wakes up again...sigh
  • Options
    imageAprilLynn09:
    imagekimeve:

Yes

April read my mind!

As for the CD's...do it! do it! do it! lol Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    imagemommysd:
    I haven't been able to use my Moby because I have had a hard time tying it. Any suggestions? TIA!
    I just followed tge instructions for the hug hold that came with it. I practiced it a couple of times before putting baby in it and was able to put it on today without looking at tge instructions. I've seen other ladies mention YouTube instructional videos. GL!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsmoore827:
    imagemommysd:
    I just followed tge instructions for the hug hold that came with it. I practiced it a couple of times before putting baby in it and was able to put it on today without looking at tge instructions. I've seen other ladies mention YouTube instructional videos. GL!

Since a friend lent me her Moby it didn't come with instructions.  She showed me but it really didn't sink in.  I watched a couple Youtube videos and also went to mobywrap.com  They have really good pics and instructions- not sure if they're any  different than the instruction manual but I found them very user friendly.

• Options
    I love my wrap...epecially for the groccery store.  I am so paranoid that people will want to touch DS, but they won't even think about it if I am wearing him:)  Plus, if I have to step away from the cart, he comes with!  Love the wrap!!!
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options
    imagebt3701:

I heart my Bjorn and the Moby :)

The Bjorn is nice to keep in the car, that way I can just plop her in it for a quick trip into Target/grocery store.  

This is what I do too. I haven't quite figured out how to get him situated in the moby though. I still have to hold his head and therefore it's counterintuitive for me... I,ll figure it out one day!
  • Options
    imagekimeve:

I felt the same way before I was pregnant. I thought baby wearing and co-sleeping were the craziest things ever. Cloth diapering sounded like a pain and natural childbirth... puh-leez. Then I got l knocked up it all changed.

Glad you and LO are more comfortable these days. Happy baby wearing!

• Options
    I love our moby but its tooooo hot! I just got one of those SevenSlings-- hoping it works!
  • Options
    lol! I call them granola hippies ;) I have a moby, ergo and an infantino from target and J2 seems to like the moby better than the infantino. He hated the ergo, but I think it was more my fault since i didnt know that you could get a waist extender and he was really squished in it when I had him in there since it was so tight on me. I will try the ergo again once i dont have to use the newborn insert...

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"