Baby Names
Options

Girl Name Thoughts?

I'm due in November with my first, a girl.  Our name pick is Sophie Kay. Kay is both my mom and I's middle name. WDYT?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl Name Thoughts?

• Options
    Love it! Personally, I prefer Sophia with Sophie as a nickname since it provides a little bit more versatility, but Sophie works well as a stand alone name, too. 
  • Options
    I like it.  The only reason I wouldn't use it is because it's too popular.  When I hear Sophia like PP recommended, I think of Farrah's annoying voice on 16 & Pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This was my problem with the name at first, the popularity and the Teen Mom thing! But I decided, I liked the name before the show, so I just decided to go with it :) (plus it's the only name we can agree on!)

Thanks for the replies! 

• Options

imageLaComtesse:
    Love it! Personally, I prefer Sophia with Sophie as a nickname since it provides a little bit more versatility, but Sophie works well as a stand alone name, too. 

Sophie is a stand alone name. It's the French form of Sophia. 

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    I love the name.  It's too popular right now for my taste, but it's very pretty!
  • Options

imageDawnJM25:
    I love the name.  It's too popular right now for my taste, but it's very pretty!

This for me too. I like it a lot, except for the popularity. It's a nice name.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options
    I have this weird obsession with making sure a first name with fewer syllables goes with a longer middle name and vice versa...so having said that I like Sophia Kay better...with a NN of Sophie :) Either way, very pretty :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I kind of agree with PP about the shorter name with longer name as a middle name.  Although I want a longer first name since my boyfriends last name is only 3 letters long.  Anyway having said that, I like Sophie but not with Kay.  I much prefer Kay Sophia or if Kay is to remain a MN than Sophia Kay.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageDawnJM25:

THIS!

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options

I strongly dislike Sophie. I'm not on the Sophia bandwagon at all and I dislike Sophie even more.

I just can't get the image out of my  head of a fluffly little poodle or a really immature teenager. It sound so fru-fru to me. And the fact that it's so popular beyond that is a huge turn off.

• Options

imageLaComtesse:

This. 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options

I prefer Sofie to Sophie, but it's still very cute.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"