Cloth Diapering

Fed up with nighttime and waking up soaked!

DD is leaking through everything!  From pockets double stuffed, hemp boosters, BGE's, and through disposables.  I want to try a fitted and wool soaker/cover combo since that's what I hear works the best.  What do you like best?  I don't want to spend a ton since I don't know if it will work or not so I'd like to buy used on Spots.  Thanks!

Re: Fed up with nighttime and waking up soaked!

• If you're looking used on Spot's, I'd keep an eye out for a B4 (BuBuBeBe) or a SBish. I like both of those for nighttime.  Also, upcycled wool is generally cheaper than interlock or handknit.  As long as the fit is good, I haven't personally noticed a huge difference between our interlock soakers and knit shorties in terms of effectiveness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebethandjoe09:
    If you're looking used on Spot's, I'd keep an eye out for a B4 (BuBuBeBe) or a SBish. I like both of those for nighttime.  Also, upcycled wool is generally cheaper than interlock or handknit.  As long as the fit is good, I haven't personally noticed a huge difference between our interlock soakers and knit shorties in terms of effectiveness.

Perfectly said.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  What would be a good price for the B4's or SBISH'S on Spots?  And do soakers and longies/shorties work the same?  Is it just that they're all wool so they'll work for overnight?  Thanks again!

• dcnmdcnm member
    Sbish sized snapped fitteds (my preference for absorbency over snapless) retail for about $25 new, and B4s retail for $28-30 new. So depending on condition, you should be able to get one for a decent price. B4 is having a sale right now if you want to try a new one Wink I think of the wool as a backup to the absorbency of the fitted. Wool will hold moisture in and absorb quite a bit, but it will start wicking once it gets pretty wet. You want the fitted underneath to be as absorbent as necessary for your LO. Start with all of the inserts that come with the Sbish or B4 and add hemp babies doublers as needed under the inserts to up the absorbency for your LO. My DD is a tummy sleeper so I have to put extra hemp up in the front.
  • dcnmdcnm member
    And yes, I think the soakers and longies work the same. Just your preference for fit and time of year. I will say though that my Sbish knit soakers and longies are crazy thick and bulletproof. If my daughter was a heavy wetter I'd stick with those over interlock, upcycled or hand-knit wool for nighttime. But for the price maybe try upcycled wool over a great fitted first, that combo works fine for us.
  • I bought a wool skirtie from grandmasgifts11 on Etsy.  It's worked really well for us so far, and it wasn't expensive at all.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I have this B4 for sale and it worked great for nighttime for my son.

https://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/st/200001/39672/Green-Bamboo-Fleece-BubuBebe-B4

I would see if you could find a WCW, Woollybottoms or Sbish used soaker for sale too.  

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • I could have written this same post several months ago!

What works for us is definitely fitted/wool. Not a single leak (except after user error!). The fitteds we use are B4s with a fleece liner, Happy Hempy stuffed with two AFFF hemps and a small microfiber, and a Green Acre Designs stuffed the same. Our wool covers are from Lovely Bums, which I found out about through our local CD store. Love 'em! 

Hope you get something that works. :)

• I highly recommend a fitted/wool combo. We usually use the sbish snapless (with an added stay dry hemp doubler) under a wild child woolies soaker. The sbish snapless are soft, stretchy and you can really stuff them with extra inserts/doublers if you need to.

I also have a GM goodnight and if I add a stay dry hemp booster the outer is hardly damp in the morning. The only reason I haven't invested more in the GM goodnights is because they're a little stiff and not as generous in sizing.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"