Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Recommend you formula

I am mostly a lurker, but today I need some help: I have been breasfeeding/ pumping for almost 10 months and I was hoping I would make it to a year and skip the formula altogether, but it seems it is not going to happen, my supply has decreased tremendously and I am barely able to meet DS's needs. I was wondering what formula is best or are all pretty much the same?. We are feeding him all organic food and I was thinking in trying Earth's Best Formula. Has anybody tried it?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Recommend you formula

• Options
    I breastfed for the first 7 months and now use ready made Enfamil lipil premium.  My babies have adjusted well to it.  I also make my own baby food. 
  • Options
    YulesYules member
    I just fed LO his first bottle of Baby's Only. It's the only one on the market that doesn't use hexane processed DHA nor palm oil or corn syrup. He hasn't done well with similacs organic version, earths best and Vermont organics...so this is our last attempt at organic formula. I really wish they could concoct an organic formula for sensitive tummies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use the generic formula from Sam's Club. $22 for a 3 pound container. Its affordable and has exactly the same ingredients as the brand name formula.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really think it is a matter of what your LO likes. We have FF from day one.  In the hospital we were given Enfamil Premium and since then we switched to the Target Version with absolutely no problems.  However, one day, I was out and had to use a sample of Enfamil Gentlease for sensitive tummies (or something like that).  I had heard so many good things about the Gentlease, but she screamed ALL DAY that day.  I don't know if it was from the Gentlease itself or just from the switch, but either way it showed me that the baby decides what he or she likes.  Good luck!  
  • Options
    We use Similac Isomil Soy. 
  • Options
    I BF for 8 months before using Similac sensitive.  DS didn't have any problems accepting it and it's been working for us.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD loves the Earth's Best Organic Soy Formula... She only gets it in the evening before her solids, but she gets so excited when we are making the bottle... Same as you we only decided to use formula because my supply went down and I felt I wasnt able to keep up with her demands, especially at night.. DD still gets breastfed 2 times during the day though...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use Gerber Good Start gentle. It does not have corn syrup like Enfamil. We tried to switch and it made DD sick and fussy for a day. Now that she is 10 months we use the Gerber Good Start Gentle 2, for 9-24 months. It has more calcium and is 2 bucks cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"