February 2012 Moms

So....

No matter how ya look at it, I am in 2nd trimester!!!  Yay!!  After seeing baby on Friday, I feel like- *BIG LONG SIGH TILL I ALMOST PASS OUT* from relief.  LOL 

I took my last progesterone last night.  I was supposed to start insulin last night, but I chickened out- as in TOTALLY wussed out.  I felt all rushed and scared, so I let it go for one more night.  I feel silly even taking it, considering my sugars are only 10 points higher in the morning and normal the rest of the day.  My Mom wakes up with the 200's!!  Mine are 112...  But I will suck it up and take it tonight. 

I just feel like I am going through a heavy door to a MASSIVE 90ft thick wall that I can never go back thru without scaling the wall.  Does that make sense?  I'm 38 and a size 28.  What are the chances I won't be tied to insulin for the REST of my LIFE after this??  I have adopted so many lifestyle changes in the last two months, ones that HAVE to stick thru pregnancy and will stick after....  Hope it does the trick....

I am just beyond happy to be in the 2nd trimester and hoping that no more progesterone will mean less m/s!!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family

Re: So....

• I am sooo happy for you that you are in the second tri. What a milestone. I don't know anything about GD so can't help there, but here's to a healthy baby and rest of the pregnancy. See you on 2nd tri board soon. :D
  • The idea of getting GD and having to take insulin scares the heck out of me!! I'd probably chicken out, too. :( From what I understand, GD can increase the risk of developing diabetes later in life, too, which is no fun. :(

I don't have any good advice or anything, but... I will keep my fingers crossed for you that once the baby's here, you can immediately stop worrying about the GD and the insulin!!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Ya'll!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"