Cloth Diapering

Your absolute Fav CD brand?

Hi ladies, 

I'm currently building my stash. I am lucky and get to sample some dipes for le blog but I want to know what y'alls fav is. So far, I think I like Smartipants best. I had a leak with Thirsties Duo Diaper. Oh, and I have also really like the cheapie China made CD's on ebay. No probs AT ALL with those!  

image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Your absolute Fav CD brand?

• I'm no help because we are still mostly in newborn size diapers. 

Right now we use, Lil Joeys, BG xs, GroVia NB AIO's and FB xs.

But last night we tried a Thirsties Duo Diaper on her and loved it! She slept 7 hours straight (which was a miracle in itself) and we had no leaks. Also we have tried SunBaby's and really like those! I stuffed them with a hemp insert and they worked great for the longer overnight stretch of sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends on what you're looking for. As far as non-WAHM diapers go BG 4.0s are definitely my favorites!!! They're not much to look at but they get the job done.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Loading the player...
  • We started out with big brand pockets but quickly found that the only thing that would keep the leaks at bay overnight were fitteds.  And then that lead into the WAHM rabbit hole.  Sooo... my faves are:

Twinkie Tush

BubuBebe

Doodle Dypes (AI2s)

Goodmama

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So far my favorite is Goodmama, but we only have two so far. :(
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Bumgenius for pockets... I would LOVE to try a BG Elemental.  I have been really hating microfiber lately... so I have been replacing all of those inserts with natural fibers.  I also have some Flips that I use the organic cotton inserts as well as some Sherpa diapers from GMD.  I have just a few Kawaii that I like, but again, I have replaced the mf inserts in those as well.

I had Smartipants exclusively when she was first born until about 6 months.  For some reason, all of a sudden they started leaking like crazy.  I had a terrible time getting any kind of help from their customer service.  I tried stripping, etc... but none of it helped.  I have not had one leak now after switching.  Their customer service was also terrible when my SP wetbags started to leak and the zippers broke on all of them.  I sold most of mine and use the few I have left as swim diapers only.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • For pockets, swaddlebees are my fave. For fitteds, bububebe and sbish (although I haven't tried many others). 

If you want more smartipants, I have 2 white ones that have been used very rarely. I could never get a good fit on my DD with them for some reason. Just let me know if you're interested.  

• I've only ever tried GMD prefolds but I love them

For pockets I like RaR and BG's, not crazy about thirsties pockets or FB

I'm not crazy about any of the AIO's I've tried. 

AI2- I love Grovia shells & piddle poddles. I have a few custom WAHM AI2's OTW.

• GroVia AIO & AI2's, Nala's Fluffy Bums and GM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sbish snapless :)
    image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Big Brand:  Our stash is 90% Flips.  And I love them.

WAHM:  Love, love, love my Doodle Dype AI2s, they get such a great fit.  And I found that Twinkie Tush fitted with wool cover has been great for overnight!  I once again have a STTNer. 

• I don't have any WAHM dips because they are too pricey for me. Of what I've tried I like thirsties fab fitteds and thirsties duo diaper pocket because I don't have to unstuff it. I prefer sized over one sized though. I plan on using them for more than one child and the fit is better.
  • Honestly, if I had to pick one above all others it would probably be Green Mountain Diapers prefolds.  Those make up a good portion of our stash.  We have a variety of other diapers (pockets, fitteds and a couple of AIOs), and I definitely like them and they have their uses.  The prefolds have the advantage in customizing fit, in ease of laundering, and in price.  They're also the only diapers we have that I can easily believe would last for multiple children without needing repair in some form or another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Softbums hands down!!!  That's all I use on all 3 kids after trying many different brands.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebethandjoe09:
    Honestly, if I had to pick one above all others it would probably be Green Mountain Diapers prefolds.  Those make up a good portion of our stash.  We have a variety of other diapers (pockets, fitteds and a couple of AIOs), and I definitely like them and they have their uses.  The prefolds have the advantage in customizing fit, in ease of laundering, and in price.  They're also the only diapers we have that I can easily believe would last for multiple children without needing repair in some form or another.

I almost agree with this--we had some struggles with leaks in the beginning either from fit or absorbency and the GMD prefolds were my fail-safe option.  They never leak, seem sturdy, are easy to wash, and all of the stains come out with sunning. 

I also really like the BG Elementals, the Grovia NBs, and SBish fitteds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"