Babies on the Brain

I'm totally sold

I just picked up the bare minerals starter kit.  I completely love this stuff.  I ran out of my usual foundation a few days ago and I've been feeling like a sloth without doing much makeup (even before I ran out because I couldn't be bothered to do much more than foundation at this point), but this just looks soo much nicer. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I'm totally sold

• I blame Isha for my addiction to this stuff!  My face is so much clearer now too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSoCaliAli:
    I blame Isha for my addiction to this stuff!  My face is so much clearer now too!

This is so true (about my face being clearer). I started using it in 2007 when I was watching QVC some random late night. I first just ordered the foundation...I fell in love and luckily our local mall has a Bare Escentuals store. I go there so often that I have 5 frequent buyer cards stapled together. I'm a nut for this stuff.  

ETA: I don't know if the starter kit came with the makeup primer, if not, that's definitely worth the money to buy. It makes your skin look absolutely flawless.  

• Loading the player...
  • It doesn't come with the primer, but with the rever upper or whatever they call it. I usually don't do moisturizer but I might invest in the primer next.
  • LOVE this stuff, will never use anything else again. It's great for me because my skin is very even toned so I don't need an all over foundation or I look funny, but I need to be able to cover blemishes without them standing out.

I like the primer for fancy nights out but for day to day I don't use it - too flawless has people saying "Your makeup looks nice today" instead of "You look so nice today."

• imageakalutts:

LOVE this stuff, will never use anything else again. It's great for me because my skin is very even toned so I don't need an all over foundation or I look funny, but I need to be able to cover blemishes without them standing out.

I like the primer for fancy nights out but for day to day I don't use it - too flawless has people saying "Your makeup looks nice today" instead of "You look so nice today."

This is true. I have a kind of blotchy red uneven skin tone, so the primer works pretty well for day to day use for me, but it definitely depends on your skin tone. 

• I just got an email from Sephora for a free foundation with any purchase. Now I'm tempted to walk up there to get it. I had someone in the store put it on me a few years ago, but she made me look like a drag queen so I didn't get it. You guys are making me think I should give it another shot.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegreenclown:
    I just got an email from Sephora for a free foundation with any purchase. Now I'm tempted to walk up there to get it. I had someone in the store put it on me a few years ago, but she made me look like a drag queen so I didn't get it. You guys are making me think I should give it another shot.

If you have a Bare Essentials store, have them do your face for you. I'm not sure how the foundation/base works with other blush and stuff over it - it works really well as a whole system since it's about blending. I bought my kit and it was almost a year later before I had to buy more foundation/warmth. (Warmth is the best invention ever.)

• It's awesome stuff. Proper application is key - just a little bit of product is all you need.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I love Bare Escentuals, too!  I've been using it for a little over a year and now I won't use anything else.  My sister and my mom are hooked on it as well.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageakalutts:

imagegreenclown:
    I just got an email from Sephora for a free foundation with any purchase. Now I'm tempted to walk up there to get it. I had someone in the store put it on me a few years ago, but she made me look like a drag queen so I didn't get it. You guys are making me think I should give it another shot.

If you have a Bare Essentials store, have them do your face for you. I'm not sure how the foundation/base works with other blush and stuff over it - it works really well as a whole system since it's about blending. I bought my kit and it was almost a year later before I had to buy more foundation/warmth. (Warmth is the best invention ever.)

I totally agree with this. I never ever wear blush because the whole reason I wear foundation is to tone down the pink in my face, but I love the warmth powder.

• I love it too! I have really pale blotchy skin and I can never find a liquid foundation that doesnt look terrible on my skin. I use the primer any time I use it, but with my skin, it's necessary. I haven't tried their eye shadows yet, but I want to!
  • I just got back from Sephora and bought the starter kit and a BE Blush. (The kit comes with the primer - I'm curious to try it). I've been thinking of switching to this for a long time, and my regular makeup is almost out, so it was the perfect time.

I had them try it on me to find the correct colors, and I already love how light it feels!

• I LOVE my bare minerals.  I started using it about 3 years ago and I wish I had started using it sooner.  I've always had horrible skin so I caked on the liquid foundation but this stuff really does the trick!

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    I love it too! I have really pale blotchy skin and I can never find a liquid foundation that doesnt look terrible on my skin. I use the primer any time I use it, but with my skin, it's necessary. I haven't tried their eye shadows yet, but I want to!

Same here regarding the pale skin. I love their eyeshadows, give them a shot! I also like how quick application is. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"