October 2011 Moms
Options

Third trimester!!!

I was so happy this morning because I finally made it to the third trimester according to one of the tickers I have in my siggy. Then I read a post and find out that maybe I was already here. The trimester thing confuses me. Oh well, either way I'm here now. Yea!!!!! 
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Third trimester!!!

• Options

I have 3 months to go (yesterday) and I am due on October 30th. 

can we all be third trimester now?

• Options

It depends on what calendar you are looking at. Like I hit 28 weeks today....and I have been following this whole pregnancy going off of a 10-month (40 week) calendar. So every 4 weeks, I consider that a month. 

So 7 months on a 10-month calendar...I am 28 weeks (28 divided by 4 is 7)

But on a 9-month calendar, I will not hit 7 months until the middle of August (I think the 22nd).  

It would be nice if all of the calendars were the the same. I am constantly having people tell me that I am at a different time in my pregnancy and treating me like I have no idea what I am talking about because they are going off a different calendar than I am during their pregnancy. But I am going off 10 months, and they are going off of 9 months. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerkto:

Yes, absolutely!!!!! :-)

• Options
    imageElsa1984:

It depends on what calendar you are looking at. Like I hit 28 weeks today....and I have been following this whole pregnancy going off of a 10-month (40 week) calendar. So every 4 weeks, I consider that a month. 

But on a 9-month calendar, I will not hit 7 months until the middle of August (I think the 22nd).  

It would be nice if all of the calendars were the the same. I am constantly having people tell me that I am at a different time in my pregnancy and treating me like I have no idea what I am talking about because they are going off a different calendar than I am during their pregnancy. But I am going off 10 months, and they are going off of 9 months. 

I hear you.  I was 4 months for 8 weeks while I transitioned from a 4 week month to a 5 week month.  (I had got ahead of myself) but I find that I can easily guess where I am because I am due October 30th.  So yesterday, with 3 months to go, I must be 6/9 months.  in the middle of august, I will be 6.5months, etc.

but I keep losing track of what week I am. I have to check my posts to see what my ticker says.

• Options
    imageElsa1984:

Yes, this!!!

• Options
    imagejeanniez:
    imagerkto:

Yes, absolutely!!!!! :-)

I'm due on the 27th. I'm counting myself as the third trimester now. All of the books and websites acknowledge it is, so why wait another week? In the end, a week really is a miniscule point of argument. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    Each calender and book say different stuff.  The one I have says month seven is weeks 25-28. So thats what I do by and weeks 37-40 are called term I asked the doctor why that was and he said that a baby is due any day after 36wks they just give you the last 3weeks because its not always correct when you ovulated. So Today I look at it as I am in the Third Tri.
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"