Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

High Chair

My mother has offered to buy DS a high chair.  I've started looking for one, and I'm having a hard time finding one I really like.  I've seen the Eddie Bauer styles like this one, and I really like the style.  However, all I've seen are the ones with dark wood.  I'd prefer something with a more cherry color to match our kitchen furniture.  Do you know where I can find a similar style with more options on the finish?

Also, DH likes this style of high chair ; I'm wondering if we can find a middle ground compromise.  I like the four-in-one, but I really like the "real furniture" look of the Eddie Bauer styles.  Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Chair

• Options
    It is pricey but the Stokke Triip Trapp chair is really nice and it grows with your child.
  • Options

I think the EB chair is beautiful, but there was some talk on the multiples board in the last couple of days about what a pain it is to clean it.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56236796.aspx

Hope that is helpful for you.

Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow...those chairs are totally different styles. No suggestions there.

However, I will say this. I just registered on amazon.com about a week ago. DH and I want the Eddie Bauer high chair in cherry...so that's what we put on our list. In the past week it's sold out (with no suggestion of coming back) and has gone off of other websites I've seen too. The black however seems to be everywhere (which also doesn't match out furniture).

Diapers.com still has it for $144.99 and I believe BRU.com also has it for $129.99. Now that I've looked I think you might have convinced me to yank yet another item off our registry :).

• Options
    Aubs13Aubs13 member

imagejjoli:
    It is pricey but the Stokke Triip Trapp chair is really nice and it grows with your child.

I've seen this one, but it is NMS.  Thank you, though, for the recommendation!

• Options
    Aubs13Aubs13 member
    imagepizzo84:

I think the EB chair is beautiful, but there was some talk on the multiples board in the last couple of days about what a pain it is to clean it.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56236796.aspx

Hope that is helpful for you.

Ugh.  I don't want anything that won't clean easily.  I'm not one to do extra work just for cleaning!  Stick out tongue

Thanks!

• Options
    Aubs13Aubs13 member
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

Wow...those chairs are totally different styles. No suggestions there.

However, I will say this. I just registered on amazon.com about a week ago. DH and I want the Eddie Bauer high chair in cherry...so that's what we put on our list. In the past week it's sold out (with no suggestion of coming back) and has gone off of other websites I've seen too. The black however seems to be everywhere (which also doesn't match out furniture).

Diapers.com still has it for $144.99 and I believe BRU.com also has it for $129.99. Now that I've looked I think you might have convinced me to yank yet another item off our registry :).

Yeah, DH and I have different tastes!  He likes the EB one, too, but likes how the other one "grows with you".  It does make sense....

And...if its going off of websites, you should buy it now!  I know I can be a bad influence, but if it were me, I'd hate to miss it if I have my heart set on it!

• Options
    This one may not be your style since you don't like the Stokke one, but we have the Keekaroo Height Right Chair and love it.  I love how it adjusts as the kid grows.  We use it as a regular chair at our table without the tray.  And they have inserts for infants so younger babies can sit in it securely.
    Kodiak Jackson ~ 3.01.09
    Aspen Marley ~ 12.22.11
    My Blog of Randomness - Pocketful of Roses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"