Babies: 9 - 12 Months

what do you use to mop your floor?

I use a mop but i hate the fact that i don't ever feel like its clean. Now that they are crawling I want to make sure the floors are as clean as possible. Is that swiffer thing good or does it leave streaks on the floor? I have vinyl flooring in the kitchen and morning room. Thanks!!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: what do you use to mop your floor?

• I use the swiffer mop. I like it and it doesn't seem to leave streaks- we have finished wood floors. 
    flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • I have a rubbermaid mop (not sure of the "offical name) It has a washable microfiber pad and you can use whatever cleaner in it you'd like. I usuallly just use warm water.

I had a swiffer mop a few years back and felt like after several uses it left a sticky film on the floor. Just my opinion though.

• Loading the player...
  • imagejnolts:

I had a swiffer mop a few years back and felt like after several uses it left a sticky film on the floor. Just my opinion though.

Agreed. 

• Hands and Knees and a scrub brush and rag!  I don't ever feel like the mop gets my floors clean, we have all wood, or tile floors!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWcEXXp5UB0

jk. We use the swiffer but we just have a small kitchen floor in our apartment and DS doesn't spend much time in there.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Mop by Method - it's a microfiber, washable pad.  I wouldn't recommend the brand because it always falls apart on me, but I like the microfiber

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• I use a Libman mop with these flat cloth thingies - it looks like a regular mop only different.  I also use a swiffer mop in between.
  • MAK06MAK06 member
    I use a steam mop. Wasn't crazy about all the chemicals in the floor cleaners. Once in awhile I'll scrub with those ... But mostly use my steam mop (washable cover!)

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have tile and laminate. We used to have a swiffer and loved it. It never left steaks and smelled amazing.

That being said, I hated buying pads and cleaner.

We now have a shark steam and sweep and I love it. Microfiber pads and it cleans using water only so there is no chemical residue left. It does leave a streak on the floor though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have laminate and vinyl floors.  After vaccuuming the dog hair I use a Shark steam mop.  Love that it's just distilled water, and I can throw the used pads in the wash.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have a Shark Steam Mop and I LOVE IT! I bought extra pads for it on Amazon, and it's been easier to use it more often because of the extra pads.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

• imageKristaNbHam:
    I have a Shark Steam Mop and I LOVE IT! I bought extra pads for it on Amazon, and it's been easier to use it more often because of the extra pads.

This!

• imageKristaNbHam:
    I have a Shark Steam Mop and I LOVE IT! I bought extra pads for it on Amazon, and it's been easier to use it more often because of the extra pads.

this 

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• I use a swiffer mop. It doesnt seem to leave streaks on my floor. We only have  the kitchen floor to mop because the rest of the apartment is carpet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • makparmakpar member
    I use the Eureka Envirosteamer steam mop. Works great.
  • imageltate_8:
    Hands and Knees and a scrub brush and rag!  I don't ever feel like the mop gets my floors clean, we have all wood, or tile floors!

This but for inbetween cleaning I use the shark steam mop- it uses water to steam clean so there are not any harsh chemicals.  It works really well but I know its expensive (like$50).

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I forget which David Sedaris book it was, but he says his mom's rule was, "You can have a clean floor, or you can have a mop. Your choice." I couldn't agree more. We're hands and knees with a water/vinegar solution at least every other week, but sometimes more frequently. We use a dust mop in between.
  • I use a Shark steam mop. Love it!
  • YulesYules member

imagemakpar:
    I use the Eureka Envirosteamer steam mop. Works great.

This. I read about lots of steam mops. Many of them, including the Shark, do not heat up enough to sterilze. Envirosteamer does, so does the haan but the first one is cheaper.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"