August 2011 Moms

Spotting after losing mucous plug??? (maybe TMI)

I've called my doctor's office about this and am waiting to hear back from her, but I thought I would see if any of you guys have had any real life experiences with this...

I lost my mucous plug last night around 6pm.  Around 1am I woke up having some painful contractions that were coming about every 20-25 min, but they never got closer together.  This lasted until about 3:30am and they started slowing down to the point that they've gone away now.  Well, when I started having the contractions at 1am, I noticed that there was a bloody (more pink/brown than red) mucousy discharge when I went to the bathroom & wiped.  I put on a maxi pad at that time bc I wasn't sure if it was going to get worse.  While I was dealing with the contractions, it never got worse.  I only noticed that there was more of it everytime I wiped in the bathroom, but I only had 1 spot get on the pad in between bathroom visits.  This morning after I got up around 9am, I put on a new pad.  DH and I went to church and out to eat then came home.  When we got home, I went to the bathroom and noticed that there was quite a bit of blood on the pad (but not enough to soak it).  When I wiped that time, the bloody discharge was a little more red. 

Has anyone else dealt with this after losing your mucous plug or know if it's normal?  Also, do you know if this is a sign that labor is coming?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm a FTM and have no clue what to expect in the days before labor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Spotting after losing mucous plug??? (maybe TMI)

• Sounds like bloody show to me!

Labor is probably close. With my first, my water broke, I lost my mucus plug, then had bloody show in that order.

If it gets any heavier, you should call your doctor though. You aren't supposed to have too much blood - it's really just your cervix/blood vessels creating that blood.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/mucous-plug.aspx 

ETA: read that last bit, if it's more than 2 Tablespoons of blood and turning red, you should really, really call your dr! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I  just talked to my doctor.  She pretty much said the same thing.  She said it may still be some of my mucous plug coming out and that can last until labor.  She told me that if it starts getting as heavy as a period to go to the hospital, but right now it's mainly just spotty discharge.  Thanks so much for your response!  I feel like I'm starting to turn into one of those paranoid FTMs even though I've been pretty laid back the whole pregnancy lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageZach&Kelly:
    I  just talked to my doctor.  She pretty much said the same thing.  She said it may still be some of my mucous plug coming out and that can last until labor.  She told me that if it starts getting as heavy as a period to go to the hospital, but right now it's mainly just spotty discharge.  Thanks so much for your response!  I feel like I'm starting to turn into one of those paranoid FTMs even though I've been pretty laid back the whole pregnancy lol.

I'm glad you talked to her! And don't worry about being paranoid :). I think I'm worse the 2nd time around, lol! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"