November 2011 Moms
Options

Gift for a 1 year old girl

I barely know the parents but we are obligated to go to the little girls birthday party because MIL is best friends with the baby's grandmother.  

What would you get?  I was thinking some books from bn up to $25 

Re: Gift for a 1 year old girl

• Options
    I really like Melissa and Doug toys (they vary in ages, but it tells you on the boxes). You can get them a Kohls for a good price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Books are always great, if you are looking for other ideas...

DD's favorites from her 1st Birthday are all available at Target for less than $20: (she loved them then, and still plays with all of them now)

Tea Set

Circo brand baby doll (for some reason I can't find it on Target's website)

Fridge farm

Not available at target, but high quality play food 

ETA: a 4th gift because the PP reminded me :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Books are great, but it's hard to know what parents already have (a gift receipt solves this). DD loved The Going to Bed Book, the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Are You My Mother at this age (and still does).

Another idea:

Leap Frog Chat and Count Phone (she loved this - kept her very entertained in the car) - at Target for $15

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A couple of DS's favorites around that age were the Playskool Ball Popper and the FP Laugh and Learn Kitchen.  Both are sold at Target

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At that age, DD loved her laugh and learn purse, and the tea set that was already mentioned.
    Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Options
    Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles and Fridge Phonics are my go to gifts for that age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just had to buy a gift for a one year old girl also. I found a little stuffed dog that sings (abc's, bedtime songs, etc.), talks, and is supposed to be able to learn her name and say it. I believe it is made by leap frog, but I bought it at Kohls. I can let you know after this weekend if it was a success.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"