Baby Names

I'm sure you won't like it...

My boy name is Roman Xavier but I'm having a hard time finding a MN for a girl. Her name will be....Sunday. (i'm sure you won't like it but help me anywaySmile)

Sunday Rose and Sunday Christine is all that I have come up with. My name is also a day and I LOVE it. My MN is Christine so it flows to my ears but I don't love the name. I like Rose but I was so upset when Nickole Kidman used this. Help me come up with a MN. I can't find any that I love and that Sunday flows with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm sure you won't like it...

• i love roman. it's on my top ten. but yea i'm sorry...sunday is awful. i really don't get using days of the week and random words for names. but that's just me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sunday Monday

(hey.....it flows!) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunday Elizabeth

Sunday Catherine

Sunday Cate

Sunday Kate

Missed miscarriage D&C May 2011, Missed miscarriage D&C October 2011 Expecting a baby girl in 2013!
  • Yes Roman 

And just on the sound alone, Sunday Rose is beautiful. But imagine all of her teenaged boyfriends bringing her roses on Sundays and how tired that will become. I feel this is similar to the rule of don't use a descriptive word as a name when your last name is a place or object. Violet Carr, etc. 

Now, using Sunday in itself... while I really don't think it's "bad" I think there are better names out there. But if you and your DH love it, hey, do it. It's been done before and will be done again.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Sunday Rose, like Nicole Kidman's baby?
  • Sunday's actually a guilty pleasure for me, so I don't have a huge issue with the name itself...

I DO however, think it's lame that your daughter's name is going to be so matchy with yours. I think it totally takes away from how cool the name is.

That being said...

Sunday Elaine

Sunday Louise

Sunday Maureen

Sunday Lucille

Sunday Katherine

Sunday Claire 

• Roman is a thumbs up from me.

I also don't mind Sunday.  I would never personally use it but there is something about it that I like.  Sunday Rose is beautiful but I think you would get a major side eye from people because of Nicole Kidman.   

• haha I didn't realize that was Nicole's daughter's mn too, oops.

And.... imo, Sunday Christine doesn't flow at all. They're not even the same "tone". They're completely different names and don't look or sound good together, so I'd keep looking. I like some of Hannah's ideas. 

PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagewwnbw:

My name is also a day and I LOVE it. 

Please don't, then.  I don't mind Sunday (nms, but it's not the worst) but I think it's incredibly weird to have two day names in one family.

Use it as a middle name. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • imageJoy2611:

Your name is also a day...? 

Mom is Monday and daughter is Sunday?  Or is it more subtle than that?

Honestly, I don't mind Sunday.  I think it's fine.  But, I think its cheese-factor increases exponentially if your name is Monday (or another day of the week).

This. Sunday Rose could be cute but if your name is a day of the week, NO. People will be like "your name is Sunday and your mom is Monday? If you have a sister, will her name be Wednesday? ha ha"

• I think if you want to use Sunday you should avoid a middle name like Rose or Pearl because it sounds too much like you are talking about an object, not a child. 

Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • wwnbwwwnbw member
    imageShawnee11507:
    imageJoy2611:

Honestly, I don't mind Sunday.  I think it's fine.  But, I think its cheese-factor increases exponentially if your name is Monday (or another day of the week).

This. Sunday Rose could be cute but if your name is a day of the week, NO. People will be like "your name is Sunday and your mom is Monday? If you have a sister, will her name be Wednesday? ha ha"

My name is Wednesday. I do have another daughter and her name is so common I can't stand it. I've had jokes my whole life but it doesn't bother me. It never did.

I'm glad you don't all hate it! And I like some of the ideas some of you have given me. Thanks.

• wwnbwwwnbw member

imagemummyofsix:
    I like it. :) I wouldn't do Sunday Rose because of the Urbans, but I do like Sunday. And Tuesday, and November, and January. ;) 

I wanted Tuesday but DH said NO!

• Now I'm wondering if your older daughter will feel left out if you name her sister a day to match you and she gets a plain jane name. 
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagedaenikoffre:
    Now I'm wondering if your older daughter will feel left out if you name her sister a day to match you and she gets a plain jane name. 

Me too.  This is just an all around weird idea.

There are plenty of names out there that aren't plain and common, that also are not days of the week.  Consider those. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • imageElsa1984:

Sunday Monday

(hey.....it flows!) 

Haha... this :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know someone who had the name Sunday and she goes by Sunny. It's a legit name and has been around for awhile. As for a middle name, I would be a classic strong name in case she doesn't like the name and wants to go with her middle name. I like the sound of Sunday Camille or Sunday Nicole .
  • imagemlf625:

imagedaenikoffre:
    Now I'm wondering if your older daughter will feel left out if you name her sister a day to match you and she gets a plain jane name. 

There are plenty of names out there that aren't plain and common, that also are not days of the week.  Consider those. 

This!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I love Sunday but agree it should not be used with your name being a day of the week name. I really thought of using it for my girl name, but Nicole Kidman naming her daughter that I feel its going to rise in popularity and be associated as a "celebrity baby name".

I love Roman also, considered it for one of my boys.

~ My Crazy, Beautiful Life with 3~ Lachlan,Vito and Willa Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagewwnbw:

imagemummyofsix:
    I like it. :) I wouldn't do Sunday Rose because of the Urbans, but I do like Sunday. And Tuesday, and November, and January. ;) 

I wanted Tuesday but DH said NO!

When I was five, I named my baby doll Tuesday.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I really like Sunday Rose!

My name is January, and I named my daughter Bella May.

• I actually think Sunday is a cute name but COME ON. You can't give her the name Sunday if your name is Wednesday.

And why did you give your older daughter a name that you can't stand? I think you need serious name help.

• I love the name Roman, it is on the top of our list for our future LO :)

As far as your girl name...

Sunday Brianne/Breanne

Sunday Corinne

Sunday Danielle

Sunday Nicole

Sunday Jo

Sunday Joelle

Sunday Claire

:)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love Roman, hate Sunday.
  • Your name is Wednesday and you want to name your daughter Sunday? Please. Don't. If we can't make you see that the idea is completely ridiculous, at least think of your daughter with the common name. You wouldn't want to make her feel left out.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • imageHannahO28:

Sunday's actually a guilty pleasure for me, so I don't have a huge issue with the name itself...

I DO however, think it's lame that your daughter's name is going to be so matchy with yours. I think it totally takes away from how cool the name is.

That being said...

Sunday Elaine

Sunday Louise

Sunday Maureen

Sunday Lucille

Sunday Katherine

Sunday Claire 

I like all of these suggestions, and I agree that if your name is a day, your daughter's name will be too matchy with yours.  Not a fan of the name, sorry :( 

• imagePhilsWife07:
    Your name is Wednesday and you want to name your daughter Sunday? Please. Don't. If we can't make you see that the idea is completely ridiculous, at least think of your daughter with the common name. You wouldn't want to make her feel left out.

When I first read your post, I was going to tell you that if you like "Sunday Rose" you should do it---honestly, I don't think that people are going to be all that familiar with Nicole Kidman's offspring forever. While unique, it's not quite as memorable as say, Apple.

However, I agree with others. I get that you love your name (and that's awesome), but think of your other daughter. Having a Sunday and a Wednesday will definitely make her seem like the odd girl out (which is odd when considering a family themed with names based on days of the week...).  Consider using Sunday as a middle name.

I also love the name Roman.

• I actually really love both of these names. And I'm usually not a fan of flower names but I love Sunday Rose.

ETA: Just read that there is another "day name" in the fam. I wouldn't use Sunday then. 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Sunday Gail, Sunday Kathleen, Sunday Anne

• imageshopgirl_07:

I actually think Sunday is a cute name but COME ON. You can't give her the name Sunday if your name is Wednesday! 

I agree. I like Sunday, but it's a little much with your name. Also, besides it being Nicole Kidman's daughter, I keep seeing Sunday Roast.  

• I like Sunday, but am not a fan of just a filler MN. Is there any family with a name that flows with Sunday?

Sunday Dawn, Sunday Victoria, Sunday Madeleine

• I hope you have a boy:::slams head against desk::::Tongue Tied

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • imagemlf625:

imagedaenikoffre:

Word.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagedaenikoffre:

This.  If it really bugs you that your older DD has such a mainstream name pick something less common but I wouldn't pick some thing that matches yours so well. 
    I actually don't mind Sunday but I wouldn't pick it for myself.  I wouldn't use Sunday Rose (even though I think it flows well) since thats what Nicole Kidman picked.  
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagewwnbw:
    imageShawnee11507:
    imageJoy2611:

My name is Wednesday. I do have another daughter and her name is so common I can't stand it. I've had jokes my whole life but it doesn't bother me. It never did.

I'm glad you don't all hate it! And I like some of the ideas some of you have given me. Thanks.

???

Why would you give your daughter a name you can't stand?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • If you name your younger daughter a super-matchy name to yours, how do you think your older daughter will feel once she's old enough to understand that?  I think I'd be pretty upset if I discovered that my mother named me a name she couldn't stand yet my little sister was practically named with my mom in mind.  It sounds like she's already a favorite. 

If you're decided on Sunday, maybe try it as a middle name?  Or, look up names that are still days but maybe from another culture or time? 

"I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."

• Just to clear this up....I think my daughter has a BEAUTIFUL name. When I said I can't stand it I ment how common it is.

• love roman xavier and sunday rose :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"