Toddlers: 24 Months+

paci be gone success

So my child was addicted to the paci (only used to sleep but had never slept without it). about a month ago, we moved her to a big bed. every other night or so she was waking us up because she lost it in her bed- fell behind the bed or wrapped in covers (she always could find in crib). it was driving me bananas. So I brought home a box from work thursday, we decorated it and put all the pacis in and put in the mailbox to mail to the babies.

First time, was hysterical at bedtime, 11 and 2 am- about 15 mins at a time. Friday night, hysterical only at 11 for 10 minutes. Last night, went to bed at 8 and woke at 8 :) I thought this was going to be nightmare but she was a champ!

Now, she only naps on the weekend- not at daycare, and no nap on fri or sat. Not sure if that is over with no paci...

Re: paci be gone success

• I will be going through this w/DD soon.  I'm nervous as heck about it!  She sleeps with the paci every night and for every nap and it's been that way since she was probably 2 months old!  EEK!  I know it'll be a difficult transition, so I really appreciate you sharing your story of success.  And I like your idea of decorating a box and sending the pacis to the babies.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on paci success!! We tried cold turkey and it was horrible. Our dentist suggested we trim a bit off each week and they eventually lose interest.

For our 3 yo, paci is almost gone at this point, and he asks for it at bedtime, but can't keep it in because it is so short. He no longer wakes for it in the night though, and he doesn't cry for it. Technically it is still there, but his paci addiction is MUCH less and it will be gone in the next week or so.

After a week or two of disappearing paci, my 18 mo dropped it all together. No looking back.

Hope this helps any other paci addicts out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"