April 2011 Moms
Options

Starting daycare tomorrow

And I'm stressing out! He's not the best napper in the world and I'm afraid he's going to be a cranky mess. Wish us luck!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Starting daycare tomorrow

• Options
    good luck :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    good luck!  Don't worry... if he is cranky, I am sure that this is not the first time they have had a baby that does not like to nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!  I am a teacher and start back at the end of August and I have the same worry for our babysitter!
  • Options
    Good luck. Hopefully all the new sights and people will tire him out, and he'll nap during the day. We have a reluctant napper as well, I feel your pain.
  • Options
    MrsLCHMrsLCH member
    Good luck to you.  DS actually naps better at daycare than at home with me.  Sigh...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck!  My DD has her first half day tomorrow, too and I'm a mess.  She's been fighting naps like crazy and refusing the bottle now.  Good times.  I used to be an infant teacher though and I know that the kids always did great (that's what I keep telling myself everytime I am near tears). For the most part, quite a few ended up napping better there then they would at home.  Hope Andrew does great and it's not too hard on you either. 
  • Options

imageMrsLCH:
    Good luck to you.  DS actually naps better at daycare than at home with me.  Sigh...

My DS will take these wonderful 3 hour naps at daycare and I'm lucky to get an hour.  People who are in childcare are there for a reason - most of them love kids!  And I know the little problems that overwhelm me with Barrett are small potatoes for DCPs who've had colicky or special needs babies.  So I'm sure Andrew will do great!  Good luck back at work, Mamma!

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    imageMrsLCH:
    I'm kind of hoping this is what happens. I mean, I'd love for him to nap for me at home, but I really hope she can get him into some sort of routine. Ugh - and I keep going over all my lists of the things to take tomorrow. I have a feeling the morning will be complete chaos!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck, DS naps much better at daycare and is less cranky those evening, we call it peer pressure napping. Just get as much ready possible the night before. I always have his bottles filled, labeled and in the cooler in the fridge. I also pick out what he is going to wear and set that next to the changing pad. Anything that needs to go to daycare that is not refrigerated (more diaper, extra outfit, sheet, etc) goes in the car on the side I always get him out. I'll usually pick out my outfit and put that and the bouncer in the bathroom the night before. It is all a little OCD but the daycare has commented on how they don't need to worry about me since I am so organized. Plus DH needs to leave for work a 1.5 hrs before us so it is much easier to get stuff done the night before when he can entertain the baby.
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Options

This will be me this time next week. Ugh.

Good luck to both of you tomorrow!!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    GL! Let us know how it goes!
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    Skip the mascara and be a brave mama! If he doesn't nap right away, I bet he will wear himself out playing and take a nice big afternoon nap before you pick him up. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"