Parenting after a Loss

Thank You Notes

How long did it take you to get these out?  I wrote and sent out about half of them, but its taking me forever to get the rest out.  (Of course, if I'd stop Bumping and start writing, it might solve that problem...)

How long is too long?  Of course I'm going to write them, but I don't want to seem ungrateful or rude if they're not out right away....

Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank You Notes

• I knew that if I didn't do them right away I'd procrastinate and never get them done so I did them a few days after our showers.  Of course, this was before DS was born and I had that kind of time.  That being said, I think that most people realize that you're incredibly busy after a new baby comes so they're not going to expect to get them immediately and will cut you some slack.  I'd say if you get them out within a month you're doing good. 
    Prolactinoma, Hypothyroidism, PCOS m/c 8-19-08 @ 9wks 3d
    "And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday and I know that I am the luckiest."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • like, for a shower/gift? I send them out within a week of receiving. I think anything longer than a month is too long
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Loading the player...
  • Aubs13Aubs13 member

imageShellShockedMama:
    like, for a shower/gift? I send them out within a week of receiving. I think anything longer than a month is too long

Sorry!  Should have been more specific.  I sent out our shower ones within two weeks; but I'm wondering about TY notes for gifts people have sent/brought over since DS was born.

I really want to have them done this week. 

• imageAubs13:

imageShellShockedMama:
    like, for a shower/gift? I send them out within a week of receiving. I think anything longer than a month is too long

Sorry!  Should have been more specific.  I sent out our shower ones within two weeks; but I'm wondering about TY notes for gifts people have sent/brought over since DS was born.

I really want to have them done this week. 

Gotcha. Honestly, I try to write TY notes as I receive the gift b/c if not I forget and they never get done.  I still think a month, max. I always asked someone to watch the baby so I could get notes done. They weren't as long or as elaborate as my wedding TY notes, but oh well.

ETA: Emily Post states it should be done as soon as possible but gives a loose timeline of within two months of the child's birth. SO if you got a gift after baby's birth, I'd assume within two months would be considered proper.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • With gifts that arrived after she was born I would write them in a batch over the weekend. That was the only time I had since she didn't nap and H works until 7ish every week night.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elisbuelisbu member
    I thinkI had all mine done when she was about 7-9 weeks. She had been in NICU and I should have written them there, but I didnt and once she was home it took me longer than I would have liked.
  • Wedding ettiquite says you have year to send out thank you notes so I'd assume it's the same. I did it within about a month. Though I will admit that I have two more that have needed to get done for a while.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always aim for less than six weeks
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • ksulliksulli member
    I have a list & am working on it... DD is 4w and I have them out for anything we received in the first week she was here. Things from after that will be a little slower since the lack of sleep is hitting and DD no longer sleeps 20hrs a day. I agree with the 2 month timeline as ideal, but think people are forgiving of new parents in terms of timelines.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I think most people understand that you JUST had a baby and your time is pretty occupied, but I wouldn't put it off too long if you can avoid it. I was lucky in that my showers were early and I got all my cards out before DS arrived. I still got some gifts after he was born, and I need to get those cards sent out. They are done and addressed they just need to go in the mail, and I have a few I am going to give in person to people at church, but we haven't taken DS to church yet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"