Georgia Babies

mommy and me @ the aquarium

I so wish they would bring this back.  It's so pricey to visit!

Re: mommy and me @ the aquarium

• We let our membership expire b/c I hate paying for parking. I'd rather go to the zoo and not pay for parking. Plus I think bailey likes the zoo better anyways. It's sad b/c we live 5 minutes from the aquarium.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I must have spent 85 bucks on 5 tickets and a parking pass for a day. I had a promo code and got a discount on them.  But I get there at a bad time last week from running around and forgot the kids didn't eat. Well.... the cafe food was crazy expensive. never.again. 

Then of course they wanted stuff out of the gift shop. I learned to say no but the big boys (I have my godson for the summer) had their allowance money and bought stuff while I fought off the little ones as they were moaning for me to buy somethings for them. ugh. 

This has been one expensive summer. Thank goodness for my scouting around for discount codes for most of the attractions.

They haven't been to the zoo though.. I don't think we can take that heat...

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went today with my SIL, BIL and niece.  It was crazy for 4 adults.  Evie was free, I guess. I think she was supposed to be charged for, but they didn't charge us for her.  Anyhow, crazy expensive.  Plus the dolphin show is extra.  Plus we did the Pemberton pass because Lina wanted to go to the world of coke.   Plus parking. 

We didn't eat lunch there, thankfully.  And I don't think you are supposed to pack snacks but I did.  They didn't say anything when they searched my bag, but truthfully, I need stuff for Liam and he's not ready for cafeteria food yet.   

• I don't think they are actually strict about food/drinks, I have never been stopped. I ended up getting a membership because the tickets are so freaking expensive and I figured if we go 3 times we have covered it.

There are off site parking lots that are cheaper but the people who run them are BSC and I got in a fight with one once when I was like 40 weeks pregnant and huge and couldn't have gotten out of my car in the space she wanted me to park in and I ended up taking my money back and leaving and now every time we are downtown Finn retells that story to me, about how 'mommy yelled at the woman 'give me my money back' and sped off!'. Every.Time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you know anyone that works for Georgia Pacific they can buy tickets for cheap through the company website.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kepkep member
    imageandrea922:

There are off site parking lots that are cheaper but the people who run them are BSC and I got in a fight with one once when I was like 40 weeks pregnant and huge and couldn't have gotten out of my car in the space she wanted me to park in and I ended up taking my money back and leaving and now every time we are downtown Finn retells that story to me, about how 'mommy yelled at the woman 'give me my money back' and sped off!'. Every.Time.

BWQHAHAHAAAA!! Sorry, Andrea, I was laughing so hard over this!!

We were only members for a year and didn't renew because of parking and also because, honestly, going there is so stressful. You have to walk forever just to get to the front door. It's crowded and crazy and hard to keep up with DD, etc., etc. The zoo is so easier IMO, and parking is free. :) 

But yeah ... too crazy expensive and not worth the price IMO. That probably sounds awful, but just being honest. They had the Mommy & Me last fall bc I bought it when the Gabba characters were there one day.So maybe they will bring it back when school is in session again? Hope so!

OH, I remember that a few years back they had some deal for Costco members. A friend of mine bought it--I think it was something like a three-month membership or something. She bought it *at* Costco, if I remember correctly. I can't remember much else, and I have no idea if there is still something like that available. 

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • imagelindzed:
    If you know anyone that works for Georgia Pacific they can buy tickets for cheap through the company website.

Ditto, this, for Turner employees, too. I think our adult tickets are usually $16.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was just searching around the internet to see if I could find some discount tickets too!  It is just too dang expensive to pay full price - especially now that I have to pay for Caroline.  I know I wouldn't get away with them not charging her since she is the size of a 5 year old!  Hopefully they will start back up with the discount tickets once school starts. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • We were there Thursday, 28th as well. It was crowded and we didn't pay for the dolphin show. I hate that they charge you for the extras and that there is no Family pass.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"