Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What Video Monitor Do You Have? Pros/Cons?

DS is fighting his sleep and every time we open the door he wakes up. We had a regular monitor, but we are moving and I just feel like this will make me more comfy in the transition as well. TIA for any help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: What Video Monitor Do You Have? Pros/Cons?

• Options
    We have the Safe & Secure one from Summer Infant.  There are no cons (unless you count that the battery was recalled, but they sent us a new one within 2 days), only pros.  I love this thing!  I can tell if he's really up or just rolling over and fussing while still pretty much asleep.  The battery and range are great.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a video monitor by Summer Infant and I swear by it! I wouldn't have any other!
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just got a Summer Infant video monitor (not sure what model it is) and have been really impressed with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Target just clearanced their Summer Infant monitors. I found one for $79 this week. It was normally $179.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • Options
    We just switched a couple of weeks ago from a regular sound monitor to a Summer Infant video monitor, and it is THE BEST.  I love it. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love our Summer monitor.  It even works at the neighbors across the street :)!
  • Options
    We have the Summer Infant Best View monitor. Its a digital video monitor, so its secure and won't cross signal with other devices in or near our home. It can pan and scan the room via the handheld and can zoom in. I love that we can see whether or not DD is still in her bed (she's in a big bed) and if she climbed out, we can pan the room to see what she's doing -- if she's just grabbing a book, we can leave her alone, but if she's emptying her dresser, we can see her and intervene. Love it!
  • Options

imageMrsBeckO:
    We have the Summer Infant Best View monitor. Its a digital video monitor, so its secure and won't cross signal with other devices in or near our home. It can pan and scan the room via the handheld and can zoom in. I love that we can see whether or not DD is still in her bed (she's in a big bed) and if she climbed out, we can pan the room to see what she's doing -- if she's just grabbing a book, we can leave her alone, but if she's emptying her dresser, we can see her and intervene. Love it!

This!  I just got this 2 weeks ago and am in love.  You can also talk via the monitor, which has been great for my older kids.  You can have up to 4 cameras with this monitor and the handheld unit will scan through them automatically.  It's awesome! 

L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • Options

We have had a Moby (DO NOT GET THAT!) adn 2 different summer infants- the slim & secure (I believe only sold at BRU) and some other summer one that is similar that I got at target. The slim & secure was by far a better one, the picture is clearer & we just liked it all around better. 

• Options
    imageMrsBeckO:
    This. I love it!
  • Options

When DS was born, we bought a Saftey 1st video monitor....HATE IT with a passion. It has been a piece of crap since the beginning. The monitor is not a very clear picture view of him, it doesn't stand very well and is unstable so you knock it over all the time, it gets pissy and sometimes will only turn on if you unplug it. We have hated it since the beginning but didn't ever go and buy another since we spent over $200 on this one!  I can't repeat enough, DO.NOT.BUY a Safety 1st one.

On Saturday we had a thunderstorm roll through and a power outage. Something in the power outage finally did the monitor in. It won't work at all now....it went into the trash last night. We have power outages quite often here with storms so I don't know why this one finally did it and not another.

I am seriously debating going to buy a new one since I do like keeping tabs on LO when he is sleeping...and will most likely want to when he transfers to a big boy bed down the line. The only thing holding me back is that they are expensive and we may not have another baby...so it would only be used for our DS. But, if I continue to use it when he transfers out of the crib then it would be used for as long if not longer than we used the current piece of crap one. If I do get another, it will be a Summer Infant.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"