Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

[U] How can I do if a 21-day new born baby only sleeps 4 hours a day?

She is a 21-day new born baby. Started from the 17th day, she only sleeps 4 hours in total per day!! Each time she fell in sleep lasted 0.5 - 1 hour only and then she woke up.

Does anyone who has such experience know how I should do about it?? I really worry about her situation as I can't figure out what happened to my baby!

Appreciate your any feedback!

Re: [U] How can I do if a 21-day new born baby only sleeps 4 hours a day?

• Options
    Baby Swing?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Are you swaddling her?

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a sling, Baby Bjorn, etc?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you waking her up to feed her?

DS has done that the past couple of days. Our pedi told us to wake him every 4 hours but last night I let him sleep and he has been a completely different baby. Also the swing was and amazing help when he was super cranky and so was my Moby. I think that he was just overly tired where we were waking him up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Now she sleeps only when I hold her. But the sleeping is usually lasting 0.5 to 1 hour and she wakes up herself. If I put her to the crib, she won't even sleep more than 5 minutes!
  • Options
    Do yourself a favor and buy a miracle blanket from BRU.  We got one as a gift when our baby was about 2 weeks and it's literally a miracle.  Our son could break any swaddle and though he sometimes tries to fight this one he can't get his arms out to wake himself up.  Give it a try.  
  • Options

imageDaisySiu:
    Now she sleeps only when I hold her. But the sleeping is usually lasting 0.5 to 1 hour and she wakes up herself. If I put her to the crib, she won't even sleep more than 5 minutes!

Swaddle her.

Gavin Alexander
    8/25/10
  • Options

My daughter did this from 3 weeks to about 7 weeks. We eventually figured out I wasn't making enough milk in each feeding to fill her up so she wanted to nurse every hour. It was honestly the hardest month of my life and really took a toll on my life.

I don't have any advice except that several doctors told me it wasn't normal for DD to not sleep more than a few hours a day. This led to more research on our side. Now she is 5 1/2 months and sleeps 9 hours a night. Hang in there and if you can, have your partner and family help out even for a 2 hour nap. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"