Baby Names

Girl name

Okay, we have no clue what we're having, but we agreed on a girl's name: Lily Isabella. DH's favorite girl's name is Isabella, but it's No.1 in popularity on the name lists right now, so he said as long as it could be the middle name he would be happy. My favorite girl's name is Lily, because it's just so cute. We're thinking of changing up the spelling of the middle name, but we don't want it to be overly alternative...maybe "Isabela?" Is that too outrageous, or just enough?

Re: Girl name

• lily isabella is perfect. i wouldn't change a thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • why is it necessary to change the spelling? I'm not a fan of crazy spellings, though yours isn't completely outrageous like some.  I just don't see the need to change how a name is spelled.  Lily Isabella is very cute :)
  • Loading the player...
  • changing the spelling isnt going to change the name!
  • imagemagsugar13:
    changing the spelling isnt going to change the name!

I agree. It's only going to cause confusion.  

• I'd say leave the spelling as is. It's a popular name no matter how it's spelled. But... you know Lily is #17, right?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagesugarpumpkin716:
    lily isabella is perfect. i wouldn't change a thing.

I agree with this.

Lily Isabella is a beautiful name. Two of my favorite names to be honest. =D 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I agree... I would leave it as is. Beautiful name! 
  • imagedaenikoffre:
    I'd say leave the spelling as is. It's a popular name no matter how it's spelled. But... you know Lily is #17, right?

I was thinking this exact thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The name Lily/Lilly is most definitely NMS. I associate it with an unruly student though. Haha!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't see a reason to change the spelling.  Pretty name!

• I've heard that Lily is popular too, but we just don't know anyone with the name or anyone with girls who have that name. We're open to changing it, but for now that's what we've agreed on :) Knowing me, if it's a girl my entire name hunt will start again to make sure it's the *perfect* one.

And I think I'm leaning toward keeping the spelling the same, I don't want it to cause confusion...though my middle name is spelled differently, but I've never had any real 'confusion,' just people telling me it's prettier the way it's spelled. We shall see!

• What's the point in changing the spelling? It's a middle name.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • My little cousin's name is Izabella which is the Polish form. My aunt wanted to call her EE-zah which is how the beginning of the name is pronounced.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"