October 2011 Moms
Options

Drastic Clothing Measures

After trying on 3 pair of my maternity bottoms today (Capris and skirts) and feeling completely restricted in all of them I resorted to taking a pair of scissors to the elastic of one of my maternity jean skirts.

Ahh....I can breathe again.

Really though, I made little snips all around it and it actually fits again.  Easier than going out and buying more! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Drastic Clothing Measures

• Options

I've considered this. It's bullsh!t when they tell you "buy the size you were pre-pregnancy. Really? cuz I was a 4 and these days I'm buying maternity Old Navy 8 and Motherhood larges. Angry I can't even get a leg into a 4! I really don't think I'm that big either. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OUKapOUKap member
    I have to go buy a new pair of shorts. The elastic is stretched as far as it could go now.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSaemilyn:

I've considered this. It's bullsh!t when they tell you "buy the size you were pre-pregnancy. Really? cuz I was a 4 and these days I'm buying maternity Old Navy 8 and Motherhood larges. Angry I can't even get a leg into a 4! I really don't think I'm that big either. 

This!!! That is why I wear dresses everyday now lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecrystalbaby:
    Ughh...I've been dreading going shopping this week for my shower outfit. Good idea on clipping the elastic, I would've assumed that it would pinch after that. Maybe I'll have to try that on my 'below' the belly maternity pants that now dig into my belly.

The below the bellies are the worst on me, my lo stays really low for the most part. It gets very uncomfortable!

DS1 BFP 1/2011 born 10/6/11
    DS2 BFP 8/2012 born 5/1/13
    #3 BFP 1/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm still in my pre-pregnancy size maternity jeans... it makes me feel better that I'm still wearing a size 26 in some universe. 

Try the Egg cotton pants, very comfy and stretchier that the things at Motherhood.  The Rosie Pope pants are also good, I got both off of Gilt.com, I don't know if they still have them.  The elastic on both hits at the belly button.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    imageLiz4444:

I'm still in my pre-pregnancy size maternity jeans... it makes me feel better that I'm still wearing a size 26 in some universe. 

THIS!

The full panel bands are getting a little more snug now that my belly is huge and 1 of the 2 LOs always has their butt pressed out against either the left or right of my belly button---but when I tried a larger size on the legs looked rediculous because all of my weight gain has been in my belly, which is in some weird way very comforting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSaemilyn:

Agree!! I bought some shorts when I was 4months and now they are on the verge of not fitting!! 

photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
    Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Options
    all my maternity jeans/shorts that I got initially (and I waited untill well after first Trimester) are really uncomfortable now. I feel like in the last 3 days she dropped a ton, and I think she changed positions too. All her 'kicks' are now closer to my belly button and I have tons of pelvic pressure, and anything I wear that isn't stretchy seems to be super uncomfortable, and my belly is so low that the maternity panels dont' seem to be low enough. there is no way I could do under the belly pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSaemilyn:

This!! I couln't even buy the size I was pre-prego 2 months ago! And I've only gained 2-4 lbs a month. They lie!!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"