3rd Trimester

Best place/price for small wet bags?

Our daycare would like individual "containers" for each used cloth diaper they send home.  I thought individual wet bags would be our best option since I can just toss them in the wash with the diapers.  Any suggestions for where I could get them for the best price?  I'm thinking $5-$8 per bag, tops.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best place/price for small wet bags?

•  An individual bag for each diaper is going to be way expensive, not to mention they are being a little too sensitive! I know thier regulations require any dirty diaper go straight into the 'trash'. Well, do they open a trash can each time to drop in a disposable diaper? Yessss. Buy a small step trash can for them- problem solved.  (Actually, I like this idea better than what I was going to do. I was going to have them drop into a small rubbermaid container, of which they would need to pop open)

The cheapest wetbag I have seen is at least $16 bucks...  Unless you know how to sew..??? Ofter the step can option. Buy two so you can Leave the 'clean' and take the dirty so they is no chance of forgetting one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out Kelly's Closet if you end up needing bags- they have a $9.50 bag from Planet Wise.

Or...heres another option. Try just a 'hanging wet bag'- same concept, they just drop it in and stop being overly sensitive.

https://www.kellyscloset.com/FuzziBunzR-Hanging-Diaper-Pail_p_3551.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like planet wise bags, so I would be inclined to get some of their smalls at a store that has free shipping and a coupon code.   I have heard of  daycares requiring the diapers individually wrapped before.  You might want to ask the cloth diapering board as you will reach a broader audience of CDers that work/have kids in daycare.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just wanted to say that her daycare is probably NOT being overly sensitive.  It's called state regulations, and there's nothing they can do about it.  Where I live, ALL soiled diapers have to be individually bagged before they're thrown in the trash.  So yes, they put each poopy disposable diaper in a little plastic bag, and then throw that into the large trash can.  Extremely wasteful?  Absolutely.  But that's what the state makes them do.  So if her daycare is telling her they have to be individually bagged then she needs individual bags if she wants to CD.  I really don't think her telling them to suck it up is going to change anything. Confused

But to answer the OP's question, I'm not sure where you can find bags in that range.  Most of the ones I've seen are closer to $10.  Maybe you could find some used somewhere for less. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have 4 of the small planet wise bags for our DS daycare cloth diapers. We provided them with a small pail and a large wet bag (although this isn't necessary - any bag will do to help carry them home). At first we just gave them the pail and large wet bag and they started to put each dirty diaper into plastic bags, which of course the purpose of being ecofriendly. The small wet bags were the only solution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Eco Baby Buys has small fuzzi bunz wet bags on sale for $9 each right now. 47%off retail.

https://www.ecobabybuys.com/index.php/

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"