Infertility

**Edwina.McDunnough**

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I always think about it when I see your siggy in a post....I noticed that your AMH went up to 1.9 from it's previous level of .68. Did you do anything that specifically resulted in that raise in AMH?

I was told by my RE that I couldn't do anything to change mine, it would just continue declining.

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view

Re: **Edwina.McDunnough**

• It may be on a different scale, though I'm told that it's the same "over 1 is good" scale.

In the end it doesn't matter. I know it's hard not to, but don't get caught up on hormone numbers. They're just a statistic that can appease insurance companies or fulfill clinic requirements. They can inform REs on dosing and protocols, but if you're already cycling those numbers don't mean much; your actual response to meds and protocols relative to your AFC are much more informative. I hope you have read the advanced fertility page on AMH, even they don't put a lot of stock in the actual value.

But to answer your question, I'm taking a lot of supplements (see the post below), am mostly GF and DF for a year now, and acupuncture while cycling (much less frequent now than in the past). I've had some not great cycles, and clearly a good protocol maximizes my potential.

if you want more specific details I'm glad to elaborate.

+++
  • Thanks! I appreciate your response. I just had a not so great, okay, pretty awful, response to my first IVF (details are in my siggy). I have my beta this upcoming Wednesday for what ended up being an IUI. After that I will meet with my current RE to discuss what went wrong. I'm currently looking into getting a second opinion, as well am looking at what my options are to improve egg quality. I've been doing acupuncture since July and I know she wants to start me on supplements, so I'm definitely researching my options!

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry this has been so rough. Sometimes it takes a few stabs to find the right protocol (for me three IVFs), but I think a second opinion is a good idea. FWIW I am on the "same protocol" as my previous clinic, but they are doing it a little better. Not tremendously, but every little bit counts when you are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'm hoping that a new angle of attack is what you need.

+++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"