November 2011 Moms
Options

2 meltdowns today - things are changing...

I am having a crazy day.  DH and I were out late last night, so I may be sleep deprived, but this has been building for a few days, so I can't blame it on last night.  This morning, I had a major meltdown.  I got out of the shower and DH came into the bathroom.  I covered up with the towel and felt really self conscious about him seeing me.  I feel like my body is COMPLETELY changing and I feel like I'm becoming really uncomfortable and big.  In truth, I am not gaining that much, and the majority of it is in my boobs and belly, so I'm not really being rational here.  After I came downstairs I told DH that I was really sorry and that I just feel really bad about myself.  DH was wonderful and gave me all the affirmation that I needed, but I still feel like things are really just going wild.  Ha.  Then, about an hour ago, I was talking to my mom and I broke down again.  Just a super hormonal day.

My body - my center of gravity is off, my boobs are getting bigger AGAIN, I am totally noticing my belly starting to really protrude, I have a lot of unwanted/unnecessary hair that gets hard to maintain, I'm having trouble sleeping, and I tend to get heart burn a lot.  All of that is nothing compared to just the "feeling" that my body is totally changing.

Please do not think that I am unhappy or complaining.  I wouldn't change this for anything.  I know it doesn't sound like that, but it's the truth.  I am just really trying to adjust to the change.  I read that last week (at my 24th week) the baby will grow twice it's size in the next 4 weeks...that could explain a lot.  Just an adjustment.

I guess I'm hoping someone else is going through the same thing so that I can get some normalcy and feel less wacky.  Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: 2 meltdowns today - things are changing...

• Options

Yes honey-I've been experiencing major changes..in fact see my post entitled "feeling third trimesterish."  i actually shaved my stomach today because when the light hit my tummy while standing in front of the mirror I saw this long blonde peach fuzz everywhere.  lol  lovely.

btw sounds like you have a wonderful husband :) so glad he could affirm you when you most needed it!

• Options

This pregnancy has been AWFUL for me.  With my dauughter I felt terrific, but this time I have had every symptom under the sun.  Still nauseous, back pain, weird rashes and funky skin, odd hair growth, dizziness, and the worst heartburn!  Girl you are SO not alone.  It's hard.  I was just telling my DH, that I started hormones on Nov, when we first tried a frozen embryo - and I got pg and miscarried and only had about 3 weeks before we went for the nxt round, so basically my body hasn't been my own since then!! 

I'm trying to focus on feeling this little guy move in my belly.  It's most likely the lasst time for me and I just love feeling him get his party on in there.  It makes the rest of this crap just bearable.   Hang in there!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel!! For me, this pregnancy is a whole body experience...and recently, I have become self conscious of my upper arms which now look like two pool noodles attached to my shoulders. After walking around Annapolis today, I kept noticing them in every store window and was so upset about it that at every opportunity I had my hands on my hips in an attempt to keep them away from my body so they didn't flatten out and look even worse. I must've looked like a moron. I totally get where you're coming.g from, I love this baby so much, but I cant wait until when I can get to working on regaining my body back!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are so not alone! I personally am not one to enjoy pregnancy. I get HUGE, emotional etc. It's just so uncomfortable and I am counting down to November. It feels so far away. This is my third though, so it just goes to show the love you have for your children is so worth the PITA of pregnancy.. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey we are all in the same boat here. Sometimes things feel overwhelming and we just need to let it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    yes I think a lot of pregnant women feel this way sometimes. Our hormones do not help either!
  • Options
    I can relate! I seem to be just gaining weight in my boobs and belly too, but I am uncomfortable most of the time. I definitely don't want FI looking at me even when I'm changing. I feel gross. It's only temporary. Just keep looking at the bigger picture! :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"