January 2012 Moms

Calling in the troops! (snack ideas)

Hey ladies,  I am on a health kick today and am trying to get the week's food/ menu sorted out and am in desperate need of some ideas.  I am having a really hard time coming up with healthy, pack and go snacks that I can keep (unrefrigerated) at work or that can slip easily into my purse.  Oh, and to make things even more complicated, I am not a fan of sweet things these days.  They leave me with swamp mouth :(

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Calling in the troops! (snack ideas)

• some kind of granola bar, 100 calorie packs of triscuits or cheez-itz, the premade apple sauce cups (might be too sweet for you)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Trail Mix, early on I took little bags of dry cereal with me in my purse in case I got nauseous, pretzels, baby veggies like carrots or snap peas... check out a farmers market and cut up some veggies and bring a little dressing cup for dipping--that takes a little more prep, but its so good to have when you do get hungry.

• Loading the player...
  • Dried fruits--- like apricots.
  • I'm in same situation as you, I just can't stomach much sweets...

I have Laughing Cow cheese with me at all times (I believe you don't need to refrigerate it).I put it on everything, for ad little added protein.I eat gluten free, so these are my favorites salty snack:

Real Foods Corn Thins

Brown Rice chips

Cashews with sea salt

Calbee snapea crisps (it's my guilty pleasure)

You can also buy the snack size peanut and almond butter, that come in small squeezable bags. 

• Thanks ladies! You are amazingly helpful!
  • imagegymkatinka:

I'm in same situation as you, I just can't stomach much sweets...

I have Laughing Cow cheese with me at all times (I believe you don't need to refrigerate it).I put it on everything, for ad little added protein.I eat gluten free, so these are my favorites salty snack:

Real Foods Corn Thins

Brown Rice chips

Cashews with sea salt

Calbee snapea crisps (it's my guilty pleasure)

You can also buy the snack size peanut and almond butter, that come in small squeezable bags. 

Thanks for the great suggestions!  DEBBIE33CASEY and I are both gf, too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"