Toddlers: 24 Months+

frustrated with dd and pt, advice?

DD has been potty training for a good MONTH now. For the most part she is doing really good with little to no accidents, but I still feel like she is very dependent on me asking her to go to the potty or sitting her on the potty. I feel like when I am not asking if she needs to pee or forcing her to sit on the potty she has an accident filled day.  Today she had 4 accidents! 2 at the babysitter, and 2 with me.  Is this normal? Anyone else dealing with the same type of situation? Advice, opinions, help please!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: frustrated with dd and pt, advice?

• DS is the same way and we have been at it for longer.  He has real control over his bladder (I think) and will go on his own if he does not have pant on.  Every other day we just remind him to go and he does fine.  I have spaced it out for longer and longer periods of time and he has started telling me that he does not have to go but if we completely let him go he just does not tell us.  He usually just gets involved with playing or something.  He is getting better though so I think you just have to stick with it.
    E-8/9/08, A-6/7/10, W-1/11/12
  • *LrCg**LrCg* member
    First you have to understand that 1 month isn't a long time for them.  I think I saw that your DD is 2 1/2 so for 2 1/2 years she's peed her pants and in 1 month she's suppose to master it- I'm not being hard on you, I just want you to see her side of it.  I think she's doing great!  Your goal should be that she's holding her bladder until its time to go.  If she tells you then that's great.  I would recommend potty breaks- in between activities, before a meal, etc- see if you can space it out to 2 hours.  In time, whether it be 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, etc. she will tell you or just go by herself.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"