3rd Trimester

Nesting Like Crazy

My self control is completely gone. I am in nesting mode 24/7 now. When I'm too tired to clean or organize something, I'm thinking about cleaning and organizing. I have been nesting big time since my 2nd trimester since I am super excited (and also because I am kind of scared of birth and this is something I can control and use to distract myself from fear) but in the last few days I have been really out of control. I am compulsively doing stuff. Like this morning I woke up at 3:30 am and felt like I HAD to cook. I have been cleaning everything that will hold still and cooking constantly. I have washed and folded and hung up all her baby clothes, and then refolded and reorganized her dresser several times. I also have a pile of clothes and accessories for her first pictures and to bring her home from the hospital that I keep going through. I still haven't decided what I want to dress her in to leave the hospital or have her first photos in. 

Is anyone else doing this?  Does it feel like an uncontrollable urge to you? Also I'd like to know from anyone who has been through this before, how long before your labor started did you start feeling the incredible urge to nest, nest, nest? I know I shouldn't be thinking about labor yet because its too early but I am SO ready, and any signs of getting closer would be nice!

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Nesting Like Crazy

• I am five weeks behind you but I am off for the summer. I feel the need to get everything and anything done now. My husband thinks I have lost my mind. I have been trying to get everything done for September bc I know I really wont have time after that so I have for sure been a bit compulsive. I was also up at 4:00am cleaning. I am really excited but also I would say motivated to do projects that I have been leaving alone for a long time, so its not just baby stuff. I want to have everything done.
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • I had my nesting urge early! Now I am waiting for it to come back so that I can get some stuff done!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • About a week ago, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor.  The mister thought I lost my ***... he walked into the kitchen and was like "what the hell are you doing"?

I'm naturally one of those people where "everything has it's place" but now it's just times 10000.

{May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • imageLupeVallejo:

About a week ago, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor.  The mister thought I lost my ***... he walked into the kitchen and was like "what the hell are you doing"?

I'm naturally one of those people where "everything has it's place" but now it's just times 10000.

lol me too! I am a super perfectionist when it comes to cleaning and organization, and it drives DH up the wall sometimes. The other morning he woke up and came into the kitchen and I was under the sink re-organizing all our cleaning products and scrubbing the cabinet out. Then yesterday morning when he woke up I had re-organized more cabinets and stuff and he goes, "Sweetie you are running circles around me!" So funny!

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have been going crazy lately too with nesting!! I barely slept last night and was up at 6:30 cleaning and dusting every nook and cranny and now I'm doing laundry and have already given the dog a bath.  I can't seem to sit still even though I'm exhausted, and then when I do sit down I've already made a list of 3458 things I want to do haha!! You aren't alone!! I'm 34 weeks 3 days so we are getting close! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker DD#1 - Taryn Suzanne 11.3.09 - 1.25.10 SIDS Miss you little nugget! DD#2 - Marilyn Gail 9.3.11 SURPRISE!! #3 due 10.8.12
  • My nesting is more organizing and like you when I'm too tired to organize I am thinking about it!!!  At least stuff is getting done around the house ;)
    Katrina & David June 9, 2007

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

Big brother Luke
    Little brother Zachary
  • imageLupeVallejo:

About a week ago, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor.  The mister thought I lost my ***... he walked into the kitchen and was like "what the hell are you doing"?

I could have written this post. Except my floor cleaning episode happened last week, at 10:30 at night when I went down stairs to get something to drink. I dropped a piece of ice on the floor, saw a tiny spot and then decided to clean the entire floor. DH came down looking for me, worried I was sick or something, because I told him I would be "right back".

Needless to say, I am not "allowed" to go to the kitchen at night unattended :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • I had mine early and wish some energy would come back so I can clean like I used to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was like this the last couple of weeks, but have slowed down now.  I say use the energy while you have it because it could go away at any time.  Clean clean clean!
  • imagebeautiflaw:

When I'm too tired to clean or organize something, I'm thinking about cleaning and organizing.

Ha. Me too.

I had some energy to burn last night, so I washed down all the walls in my living room. I also cleaned all the mirrors, windows, and pictures (glass) in the living room and swept the floor. Before all that I went outside and swept off my front porch.

It sure feels good to get stuff accomplished and clean! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemelaniedel:
    I had my nesting urge early! Now I am waiting for it to come back so that I can get some stuff done!

This. I was a CRAZY nesting woman from like 30-35 weeks. Then it kind of tapered off. I still get uncontrollable urges here and there, but our baby's room is finished and there really isn't anything left to do but clean. Which I do a lot.

It's soo weird feeling like you're out of control in this way though! My husband did not understand at all why I would wake up at 2am and need to clean/organize/etc. :)

• Oh my gosh you should just like me! I've never been a messy person, but never really anal about being clean either. I have been on a rampage for the past few weeks and unleashed on poor DH about not sweeping when I had asked him too. Then thanks to my hormones it turned into a 3 day silent treatment; what is wrong with me?! I told him that I have this anxiety about cleaning and organizing that I can't control and he told me he used to be like that but now he keeps it under control, and said that it could be because I have a part of him inside of me that I'm acting this way. So I was right, it IS his fault! :) Haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My life is one big NEST!  I'm going overboard bigtime.  I just need to put my feet up and relax, but I find it impossible most of the time until my ankles swell and I am forced to stop what I'm doing.  I have waited too long on some things so now I'm in hypermode.  This is me today:

painting the nursery

my nursery progress

EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• I had a bout of this all last week! I mopped twice, vacuumed 10x, organized my bedroom, cleaned out our computer room and combined it with my sewing room, cleared out the new nursery, and even scrubbed down all 5 of our indoor AC units.

I've already got a list for the rest of this week, but I took a break from cleaing today because I went fabric shopping for some sewing projects!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"