Slingify my wrap? — The Bump
Attachment Parenting

Slingify my wrap?

I'm thinking out loud here, so excuse me if my thoughts are scattered. I'm not even sure yet if I have a question to ask.

I have a 5.2m Gira Snow Rainbow that I looooove. However, I never reach for it because its so dang long. I'm considering sending it off to SBP to have it made into a ring sling. I partially feel like it would be sinful to hack up my perfect, beautiful wrap. I guess its kind of sentimental to me because its the first wrap I bought. But it seriously sits lonely in a drawer. :(

But I've never used a ring sling, either. If I slingify it, will I love it? Use it?

Anyone have any thoughts to share? Do you love your ring sling? Didn't love it? Ever slingify a wrap?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Slingify my wrap?

• If you think you'd prefer a short wrap, you can always chop it or put it up for trade on TBW for a shorter Snow Rainbow. Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had 2 wraps slingified by SBP so far and I adore them.  My one issue is that it's unlikely for me to get anywhere close to the price paid for the portion of wrap + slingification when I resell them, but we use them so often that it's worth it.

Since you've never used a ring sling before I'd recommend trying an SBP'ed wrap in a temp trade.  I loaned one of mine out to someone locally and should be receiving it back this afternoon, if you'd like to try it let me know at my username @gmail.com.  It's an SBP'ed Didy Salmon Fisches dyed Black Cherry.  If I remember correctly it's a size medium in the old sizing.

ETA: Ohplusand if you do decide to chop/sell the other portion of your Snow Rainbow I might be interested!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSinafey:

I've had 2 wraps slingified by SBP so far and I adore them.  My one issue is that it's unlikely for me to get anywhere close to the price paid for the portion of wrap + slingification when I resell them, but we use them so often that it's worth it.

Since you've never used a ring sling before I'd recommend trying an SBP'ed wrap in a temp trade.  I loaned one of mine out to someone locally and should be receiving it back this afternoon, if you'd like to try it let me know at my username @gmail.com.  It's an SBP'ed Didy Salmon Fisches dyed Black Cherry.  If I remember correctly it's a size medium in the old sizing.

ETA: Ohplusand if you do decide to chop/sell the other portion of your Snow Rainbow I might be interested!

Ditto the pp. I would try out a few first. I went through kalea and sbp before I settled on Comfy Joey. Cj was the shoulder that I liked the best. I bought one of her wrap conversions and I love it! It is by far my favorite rs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a SBP slingified wrap that I absolutely adore. I was totally a wrap girl until this came along. It helped that its arrival coincided with DS entering the toddler up and down stage where he does not want to stay in a wrap. It is my go to carrier and gets the most use by far.

A sling is great, but only you can decide if you can handle chopping the Snow Rainbow. I bought a wrap specifically to make into a sling as I did not want to chop any of my wraps. Though it might be a nice way to continue to use SR if you are not using it as a wrap.

• I'm considering slingifying my Ellaroo now that I have discovered the comfort of my new Jade woven. I use my Maya ring sling all the time when I am running errands, and now that I know the Ellaroo is going to end up never being used... I may send it off to SBP. At least as a ring sling I would continue to use it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input!

Sinafey, you have email. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards