Preemies
Options

Family vent...

So a little back story, I have 5 half brothers/sisters from my Dad. Was really only super close with one growing up (they were all much older and living on their own, with their own lives). One sister baby sat me but then had a falling out where she said my dad did somethings to her growing up, which as far as we know is not true and just stuff that her mother put in her head (yes her mother was a wack job). My one brother who I was closest to is an alchoholic but a very functioning one at that (not that that makes it better). He was always awesome to me and it wasn't until I was MUCH older that I knew he had a addiction.

At any rate before my dad passed away my siblings didn't have too much to do with me or my mom/dad for that matter. Now that my dad has passed away they seem to be very intertested in what my mother is up to, infact my SIL went through great lengths to report all the details of my mother's love life to my dad's sisters who live out of state and it caused a big rukus...

Now all of a sudden my one niece (SIL's daughter) invites my mom to all her kids parties, etc. Out of all the things my mom has been invited to, I've never recieved an invite. And yes it makes me a little bitter...really. I feel like they are my family too and I should be invited too. I actually would like to have some kind of relationship with them (minus the drama of course). And and even bigger part of me thinks they just do this to gossip about my mom later, in which case I would not want to be a part of it...but...anyway.

If you made it this far, thanks for letting me vent.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Family vent...

• Options
    Ewww... Families can be sticky for sure. I'm sorry you have to deal with this... Does your mom go to the events? I hope she blows them off
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    Nope she certainly attends.... mom is known for being a show off...
    TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Next time she gets invited to a party go with her. Say you needed to come because she needed the ride or the two of you had something planned after the party.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

If they are people you've had a relationship with in the past, can't you call them and try to include them in your life? Then they will likely reciprocate. Though if they treat your mom so badly, I'm not sure that its something you really want to get in the middle of. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"