January 2012 Moms

Babies R Us

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for those of you with experience in shopping/registering at BRU. DH and I went today just to look around. Previously we have only gone in and out quickly to grab gifts for friend's registries.  Today we took a lot of time in each section (and had to leave by the car seats when he started having major anxiety..haha).  Do they often run sales on furniture? Are their coupons good deals on big ticket items? Or do they exclude certain lines and/or products from the coupons?  Just wondering as we start to plan our buying and registering. 

We both loved the Sorelle Verona Lifetime crib in espresso!

Thank you for any thoughts or advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babies R Us

• Are you on their coupon mailing list? If not, definitely sign up for that because they do send out coupons fairly frequently. They typically send out 20% off coupons but it can't be used on furniture (and some other things).

I know I've seen % off coupons and $50 off of certain amounts for furniture in the past too.

One word of caution though - BRU is fairly well known for raising their prices during sales so while it will look like you're getting a good deal, you really might not be. Just make sure you shop around and make sure that you know the prices for your big ticket items before you assume it's a 'good' deal when it's on sale at BRU, if that makes any sense.

Do you have a Buy Buy Baby nearby? I LOVE that store so much more than BRU.

• I like both BBB and BRU. If you sign up for their coupons you can get pretty good deals at both. Before buying I always check Amazon or other online sites to verify the good deal. So far, we cave gotten everything really cheap. Check out Kohl's, too!
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ~Still rooting for my TTC buddy ShanRich0810~
    ~ DD 5/15/00 ~ DS 2/27/03 ~ DD 9/29/04 ~ DS 7/3/07 ~
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, sometimes if you get lucky, the cashier will stack their coupons. So, let's say you're buying a car seat - you can try and use the 20% off coupon AND a 10% off a car seat (both of which come out fairly frequently) for a total of 30% off.

It's a matter of luck as to if the cashier will do it or not, but if you get lucky, it can be a good deal!

Last bit of advice - when you register, put your due date at least a month earlier than your actual due date. That will get you the completion coupon sooner which is 10% off your entire purchase (1 purchase) for anything on your registry. You can always stack coupons with that one, so you can definitely score some good deals with that.

Just be weary of their "sale" items as those are frequently the one with tempoary inflated prices.

• Thank you for the advice and responses! Signed up for the coupon list and will definitely be wary of the "sales" and do my research. Much appreciated :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They do have a lot of coupons, but most of the smaller stuff they have you can get at target cheaper.  I just register there for the coupons. 

I did an amazon registry this time.  I liked it...but it's just for me.  And they have completion coupons too.  And their prices are cheaper than BRU.  It might be a good idea if you have family far away and want to include them (they can ship it to your house) or there isn't any baby stores close to you.  The nearest one to us besides Walmart is probably 3 hours away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"