Preemies

Oh boy, ILs are here. This is gonna be interesting...

This morning, while I was changing Gabe, they came in.  Keep in mind it was 6am and I was in my jammies.  MIL kept picking him up while I was trying to change him and they both stood about 2 inches from me.  I hope they settle the hell down soon because otherwise I am going to have to freak out. 

I am going to be working this week.  Friday is my last day.  I hear about the other job Monday (hopefully).  They will be staying for 6-8 weeks if I get the job.  If not.  Probably 2. 

Oh, and since they were up I was all paranoid about going back to sleep.  So, H and Gabe are sound asleep and I am downstairs watching TV and eating breakfast. I guess they went back to bed (which I didn't know).  But, by the time I realized that, it was too late.  A nap is definitely in store for me today.

I am thankful they are here to help when I am working, but it is going to be a BIG adjustment.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Oh boy, ILs are here. This is gonna be interesting...

• Ah IL's ... say no more. I am glad they are there to help you, but the behavior you are mentioning is EXACTLY why we had to enforce some "rules" with my IL's (and my family too.)

I like my personal space.

Good luck and I hope you get really good news about the other job.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageJakesBride07:

Ah IL's ... say no more. I am glad they are there to help you, but the behavior you are mentioning is EXACTLY why we had to enforce some "rules" with my IL's (and my family too.)

I like my personal space.

Good luck and I hope you get really good news about the other job.

I tried to take him yesterday and MIL pulled back.  H is going to talk to her about it.  No way in hell you are going to keep me from holding my own baby.  If they keep doing what they did this morning I will have H talk to them.  I can try, but their english isn't so great.  So, it is just easier for H to talk to them about issues.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh wow....it will be an interesting next few weeks at your house. Esp since there is a language barrier. No advice other than good luck!!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• kck329kck329 member

Since they are going to be staying with you for so long and caring for Gabe while you are working, I think you need to have a "family meeting" of sorts. Discuss what you need from them, boundaries, and what they need from you to make the next two months work for everyone. You need to be part of the conversation, even if it means lots of translation, so that you are all on the same page.

Good luck! I would never make it through 6 weeks for my inlaws staying with us so I'm amazed you are even trying this!

• imagekck329:

Since they are going to be staying with you for so long and caring for Gabe while you are working, I think you need to have a "family meeting" of sorts. Discuss what you need from them, boundaries, and what they need from you to make the next two months work for everyone. You need to be part of the conversation, even if it means lots of translation, so that you are all on the same page.

Good luck! I would never make it through 6 weeks for my inlaws staying with us so I'm amazed you are even trying this!

I agree.  I'm going to talk to H about it.  We are supposed to give his parents an "orientation" today.  Go over everything, how we expect things to be done, what he needs during the day (meds and such), etc.  

• Good luck with the ILs! Scariness LOL And good luck with the job! 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"