November 2011 Moms

Updated: bleeding at 24-25 weeks?

Is it normal? I had some spotting here and there today. I can tell when I wipe that is it discolored but not bright red. Is this normal? I know it is earlier in pregnancy but not sure about now.

Edit for update: DH and I had not had sex recently and I had not had a pelvic exam. My DH is an ER nurse so he went ahead and called L&D. We talked for a little bit and it was decided it was best to come on in to get checked. I was put on the monitors for a bit. LO couldn't stop moving enough for them to get a good read. They did check me and said cervix was closed and there was a little blood. Pelvic rest and put my feet up is what I was told! I was in a wedding Sat. so I was on my feet all day Friday and Saturday with wedding activities. They did tell me that he was very low and they could feel him during the exam! That exam was a nightmare...I have never had an issue of my yearly exams hurting....this was pressure like none other!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: Updated: bleeding at 24-25 weeks?

• Sorry, I don't have any experience with this but I would call your doctor if you are worried for any reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Spotting during pregnancy is never actually NORMAL. Common in some cases, yes, but not normal. I'd call your doctor if I were you.
  • Loading the player...
  • ::lurking from December::

I had a spot, literally 1 spot, at about 19 weeks. I told the Dr. and they had me come in for an ultrasound. They said they like to do an ultrasound if there is any second trimester bleeding. They didn't seem concerned, just wanted to double check, and everything was fine. I'd def call and see what they want to do but don't be alarmed if they want to check the baby.  

• PP's all give sound advice.  I just wanted to add that I have been to the doc for second tri spotting (light pink on two occassions).  Basically they pulled out the doppler to check baby and then checked to see that there was nothing going on with the cervix.  Go get checked out.  I hope everything is fine. 
  • imageShpointers:
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with this but I would call your doctor if you are worried for any reason.

I haven't had any experiences with spotting but if I did I would call my doctor immediately - while I know that spotting is often completely normal and healthy I wouldn't feel comfortable with it until I had the chance to discuss it with her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should call your doctor just to be safe. Also, if you're Rh negative, you will need a RhoGAM shot. I had spotting early on in my pregnancy and the doctor told me to call if I experienced it again. Everything is probably ok, but it's best just to be sure! :) 

imageimage
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    imageEmerald27:

You should call your doctor just to be safe. Also, if you're Rh negative, you will need a RhoGAM shot. I had spotting early on in my pregnancy and the doctor told me to call if I experienced it again. Everything is probably ok, but it's best just to be sure! :) 

Interesting, I have had on and off spotting since my BFP and no one has ever mentioned getting Rhogam early - just at 28 weeks. To the pp: I hope it's revolved by now and you have seen your MD. Let us know.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I would call the doctor, but don't panic.  Have you and DH recently had sex?  That can absolutely cause spotting.  Also, if it's not accompanied by cramping, you are most likely FINE.  Some people just spot, ongoing.  Drink a lot of water, try to take it easy, and just call the doc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"