January 2012 Moms
Options

How bad are round ligament pains supposed to be?

For the last 5 hours or so I have had consistent cramping and even more like stabbing pains at and below my belly button all across from left to right.  I took a warm bath with no relief and now decided maybe im tired and need to sleep?   I just cant get relief.  I talked to my Dr at my last appointment about these pains I have and she said it sounds like round ligament pains.  I just called the on call doc who said the same thing.  Told me to take tylenol and call if pain increases.  How bad are your round ligament pains?  I can literally double over at times it gets so bad.  THe pain is constant but defenitely intensifies from time to time.  When that happens the pain is nauseating. 

I have no spotting or anything other symptoms am I too worreid?

TIA

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Re: How bad are round ligament pains supposed to be?

• Options

I'm sorry :( That doesn't sound like fun. 

I got it a lot at the beginning of my pregnancy, and it's just recently come back with a vengeance. When I get up or roll over it hits hard. But I read on here that it happens a lot between 17-19 weeks.  Hope you get some relief soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im honestly not sure how bad they are supposed to be Ive read that it normally last a few sec to a few minutes but I could be wrong. I too get these pains but they normally come and go in a matter of minutes, of course every pregnancy is different so what may be my norm may not be yours. I dont think you are too worried we are pregnant its to be expected that we have concerns especially if its your first (like mines) because let me tell you I what to know what everything is lol. Did the Tylenol help any? Hope you feel better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was in physical therapy 4x a week by 20 weeks when I was pregnant with DS for severe RLP, so it can definitely be bad. I also had a prescription for Vicoden from my OB (which I did have to take sometimes) because the pain would be so bad that I would literally get stuck in a standing or sitting position and would not be able to move at all.

If it continues to get bad, I would definitely push the issue a bit with your OB. Unfortunately, RLP usually gets worse as the baby gets bigger, but with any luck that will not be the case for you.

Also, you can try Googling some RLP exercises/stretches based on where your pain is, and you might find something that will help. There was 1 stretch in particular that was amazing at helping to relieve my pain.

I hope you feel better and get some relief soon!

• Options
    I was just in L&D at the hospital yesterday for the same thing. The charge nurse said she gets mommies coming in doubled over in pain from RLP. I would still press the issue with my doctor to get checked out just to put your mind at ease. I had a pelvic exam, ultrasound, and my urine tested yesterday at my doctor's request just to be sure. I did have to be persistent and I asked for the ultrasound. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options

I can definitely say, mine are pretty darn horrible.  I described it to my boyfriend as it feeling like someone's stabbing me down there.  Sometimes, I literally clench whatever is next to me and shout, because it catches me off-guard and it's so sudden!

I cannot stand those pains and sometimes they last for a while and then it'll stop for a few days and sometimes every few hours, every day.

I think what you're experiencing is pretty normal, so don't fret! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hope you're feeling better. I've read that they can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours so I don't think what you are experiencing is abnormal. I would talk to your OB though and see if they can do anything else to help make you more comfortable. GL! Oh and there have been times when I've stood up and had to bend over for a few mintues until the pain gets better and then continue on my way.
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"