Natural Birth
Options

f/u to gbs+ post and 2 questions

I was GBS + with my last 2 pg (my last one was a succesful drug free VBAC). anyway I am REALLY REALLY hoping to avoid being + this time around and have heard a lot of success stories with taking probiotics before being tested....

I went to my health food store but was TOTALLY overhwlemed with all the choices and most of them were $30-50 dollars (EEEKS)

So 2 questions:

1) What probiotics did you/do you/are you taking

2) when did you start them? Should I start taking them now (23 weeks) or wait until closer to 35/36 weeks when my midwives do the GBS test??

Thanks so much I REALLY appreciate the input/advice/experiences

ps. any positive success stories of taking them and being gbs - ??

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: f/u to gbs+ post and 2 questions

• Options
    Not really an answer to your question, but it won't hurt to take probiotics all the time.  I'm taking them right now as part of my plan to prevent DD's thrush from spreading to me.
    Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I take probiotics every day pregnant or not to prevent yeast infections and for general digestive health.  I like the Jarrow Brand the best.  They make ones that you don't have to keep in the fridge which are my favorite. 

GL 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"