Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I'm so tired! (long)

DH and I had the same old fight yesterday:  he says that I dig at him - make little comments that are of the nasty variety.  Ok, I admit that once I was a little nasty, but the rest of them I don't intend to or realize that I'm doing it.  Either that or he takes it differently than I meant it.  The problem is, he doesn't tell me that he takes my comments the way that he does until like 5 days later when it's all boiled over and he gets peeved at me for spilling cornstarch on the counter while I'm cooking.

I told him I thought it was hormones, but now I'm coming to realize that I'm just plain tired!  I discovered this when the dog woke me and the kid up by whining to go out and I yelled at him.  I find myself yelling at him, yelling at inanimate objects... the only one who doesn't get my wrath is DD.

She hasn't let me have a decent night sleep in months.  It's getting better, but I'm still only getting maybe 3 hours at  a time and the first hour is my mind running about what I have to do to get the house fixed since I'm handling all of that (long story short, our house was built on insufficient fill and it's causing all sorts of problems so add stressed to tired).  DH will get up with her at night IF he hears her or after I shake him for 2 minutes because I just can't do it anymore.  So in a week I will get up with her approximately 12-20 times not including the times I run up and down the stairs to get her before I go to bed, he gets her 1-2. CIO is not an option with this one and Ferber/Baby Whisperer has gotten up to 1-2 times from every 10minutes to an hour. Yes, I only work part time (she comes with me), but I also spend my days running after her, which he has discovered it exhausting right now since she is into everything!!

I just don't know what to do about this.  DH says he doesn't like the person I am right now.  Well, neither do I!  I don't like snapping but that's apparently how I react to exhaustion.  I know I could call a neighbor to watch her for an hour so I can sleep, but that's like putting a band-aid on a broken arm.

Any suggestions?  Thanks so much if you made it this far.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

Re: I'm so tired! (long)

• Options

If he doesn't like it then he needs to help more getting up with her because you deserve some sleep too!  

• Options
    imageangelame1979:

If he doesn't like it then he needs to help more getting up with her because you deserve some sleep too!  

this. 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

*hugs* I'm so sorry. I can definitely commiserate on the crappy sleeper part. I do agree that your DH needs to help more at night if he has such a big problem with it.

Do you exercise? I know being tired means exercise is the last thing you really want to do but I've found if I make myself do at least 20-30 minutes of exercise a day during DS' first nap (4-5 days a week, usually on the weekends we're on the go so I don't always get it in) it really helps me keep my energy level up and feel better. I've been doing 30 Day Shred but on days I'm really dragging I'll do a lighter exercise on the Wii Fit or yoga or something. I also gave up chocolate for a month which in turn led to me eating less crap overall (I'm a big chocolate junkie but other junk I can take or leave a lot more easily). So while my sleep is still crap, by making other lifestyle changes I've been able to balance things out a bit. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Tell me I can catch up again!  He does have the best of intentions... the other day he even kept the monitor on his side of the bed, but he didn't hear her until she started screaming when I was changing her diaper.  If I have to wake up to wake him up then that defeats the whole purpose.

ETA: I do exercise.  I work at a gym so I get a free membership.  I'm trying to get back into my routine because we were away for almost 2 weeks.  I only made it once this week but I'm trying!  I'm actually still sore from my Group Power class on Tuesday!

• Options

Do you have any family that would come and watch LO for a night and you could go stay at their place?  Or what if your DH took LO somewhere for the day on the weekend and you could catch up then?  Just getting a day or 2 of decent sleep to catch up can make a big difference. 

There was a thread similar to this awhile back on the 6-9 board (I think) and someone made a suggestion that there are monitors that can accomadate the deaf or hard of hearing, so that might be an option for you as well...mind you it may end up waking you more than just the regular monitor. 

• Options

No family... they are all too far away.  DH is more than willing to help, it's just a matter of putting it into practice.  I'm sure I can turn the monitor up for him... but again, it will wind up waking me up too.  I guess we are just going to have to try to figure out how to have him help me out a little more. 

I'm trying to sleep when she sleeps a la newborn stage, but she's taking 15 minute naps right now!! UGH!

• Options

I would call a babysitter/ family/ friend for help.  I know its just a band aid, but this isn't going to last forever, so maybe a band aid would be OK until she STTN.  Also maybe go to a hotel one night and let DH handle her.

If you tried Ferber and Baby Whisper, maybe try No Cry Sleep Solution, ask your pediatrician for help, or hire a sleep consultant.  Good luck.  

• Options
    acesupacesup member
    imageangelame1979:

this. and a ((hug))

hope you get some sleep soon! 

• Options
    is she getting up at night to eat or just because she doesn't know how to get herself back to sleep?
    Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKredd88:

Tell me I can catch up again!  He does have the best of intentions... the other day he even kept the monitor on his side of the bed, but he didn't hear her until she started screaming when I was changing her diaper.  If I have to wake up to wake him up then that defeats the whole purpose.

ETA: I do exercise.  I work at a gym so I get a free membership.  I'm trying to get back into my routine because we were away for almost 2 weeks.  I only made it once this week but I'm trying!  I'm actually still sore from my Group Power class on Tuesday!

• Options
    imageKredd88:

It may feel this way, but if your H is anything like my H it took repeatedly making him wake up for him to start hearing the girls on his own. Also, honestly broken sleep sucks... but it sucks a lot less when all you're doing is waking enough to kick him so he takes care of your DD and then YOU get to go back to sleep!!!!!

• Options
    I know the feeling and thats with C sleeping through the night and DH helping some. I dont know how you are even holding it together. He needs to help more.... a LOT more.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Do you have a guest room?  Maybe he can sleep in there with the monitor a couple of nights a week?  If you don't, what about him sleeping on the couch 1/2 nights a week so that you can get a full nights sleep and feel a little more rested.  My DF will actually sleep on the couch with the monitor if he knows I am exhausted.  I get a good full nights rest and we are both happier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you considered post partum anxiety? Or do you think it's just lack of sleep?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"