November 2011 Moms
Options

Nosebleeds...new pregnancy symptom.

I wanted to let everyone know that after walking around Annapolis today in 95+ degree heat for a few hours, I spontaneously had a nosebleed. I don't think I have had a nose bleed since I was a child, and so this random event was startling! Even my husband was a little worried, proposed it was a blood pressure thing, and ran and got the car while I cleaned up. I googled it on the way home, and apparently it is much more common to have nosebleeds while pregnant due to the high volume of blood and increased mucous membranes we are all experiencing right now. Our tiny vessels in the nose are more fragile and thin, and prone to breaking in hot, cold, and dry weather. So not to worry...just another glorious side effect of being pregnant!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nosebleeds...new pregnancy symptom.

• Options
    Also if it is dry you will get nosebleed more easily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    Yea, this started at about 8 weeks for me. Well bloody noses anyway, I didn't have a straight up dripping nose bleed until about 24 weeks, oh and while I was outside walking the dogs lol that was fun.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    Yeap...I had them last week! Right as I stood up from the dinner table at the inlaws....my nose started pouring blood all over my plate! I ran this by the doctor yesterday and totally normal!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options

yes, a couple of my friends had nosebleeds when they were pregnant. Since I live in a dry climate, and feel like my nose is pretty dry, they suggested putting a wet washcloth to your nose for a couple minutes to make the area moist. Or you could also try rubbing a little vaseline on the insides of your nose. I do that regardless when it's super dry here, especially wintertime.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"