Multiples
Options

My first unsolicited opinion

Okay, so I know I don't post a ton, but had to vent a bit...

I posted some new pictures of the twins to Facebook today, including some funny ones of Quinn's first cereal attempt. Yes, she's 3 months old, but has moderate reflux and our pedi said it was okay to give her some (in a bottle and a tablespoon w/ formula at night) and see how she tolerated it. Turns out, she *loves* it. My cousin posted "Isn't she too young for cereal?" on one photo, and I was about to respond with the above, then she posted the following on a (the only) pic of her crying with a face full of cereal "Poor baby - she's upset becuase she's too little for cereal!" Um - excuse me? Immediate comment delete (both of 'em just for good measure).

I totally get that she (and maybe you) feel that way. And I even get her telling me that one on one. Heck - I even get it if a bunch of you are going to call me out here and tell me the same thing (the whole Internet stranger thing). But - really? Say that on Facebook in front of our friends, family, etc.? And to top it off, she (by choice) doesn't have children. I'm sorry, but get back to me when you have some first-hand experience.

Besides, Quinn now has cereal every night before bed. Her reflux is better and she sleeps better than ever before. She's happy, I'm happy, DH is happy. We're good, thanks.

And, vent over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first unsolicited opinion

• Options

I think you and your husband are the ones making the decision and she needs to keep her comments to herself. I have learned after having 2 preemie babies that every baby is different and does everything at a different rate and you just have to learn as you go and figure out what works best for your children..  Don't let people bum you out, you do whatever is best for your kids and know at the end of the day that's your main goal!

Keep doing great momma!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eh, screw her.  When she gets her PhD then I think she can give medical advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsLntMrsLnt member

imagenikilouhoo:

And to top it off, she (by choice) doesn't have children. I'm sorry, but get back to me when you have some first-hand experience.

OMG, is your cousin my friend?  Because my "friend" told me I was wrong when I said I was considering delaying solids just because it's a PITA, then said I was wrong when I skipped rice cereal and went straight to veggies.  And she was full of shock and horror when I told her I gave my 8 month olds a taste of all natural vanilla ice cream.  She has no children but has 19 year old twin half-brothers so everything her mom did nearly 20 years ago is gospel and everything I'm doing is wrong.

People are jerks. As long as your babies are healthy and happy everyone else can suck it.

• Options

I hope she notices you took down her comments and asks you about it, so away from the prying public you can tell her that her opinion just carries less weight than that of your ped.

And -- good for you for finding a solution that gives you all some relief! I bet that is the best satisfaction over your meddling cousin :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it when people without children feel the need to give sage advice.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Eh, what does she know? Our pedi said it was ok to give the boys cereal, but they don't really like the taste, so I've been using small amounts of stage 1 baby food in it so it tastes better. They like it and haven't had any problems with it, so go ahead and judge me too, I guess!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"