Success after IF
Options

Anyone here ever get a lap band?

NFT...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone here ever get a lap band?

• Options

No but I highly considered it. I even went to a consultation with a surgeon and started setting things up with my insurance. 

In the end, I chickened out of it. Bear in mind that I'm a huge wimp which played a big part in it but I kept hearing horror stories about the band eroding through the stomach, flipping or sliding. I also didn't want a foreign object in me until the day I die. (Although I'd get implants in a minute, go figure.) 

After I recover from this m/c, I'm going to do it the non-surgical way and rejoin WW and well as get my butt back in the gym. I figured this way I can save the $ for a boob job.Stick out tongue

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    No but my mom is on the wait list for Gastic Bypass, and I am planning to talk to my Dr about the lap band as soon as the new insurance kicks in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a dear friend slash office-mate get one. She wasn't HUGE, but had been heavy all her life. (I'm guessing she had about 80 to loose, but she was just thick all over, and tall..)  She had to loose 20? lbs the weeks prior, or the doc wouldn't do it (standard?) and did shakes for the final week prior, I believe. (no food)

I remember her being "bummed" that the weight did not come off as fast as she thought it would. I don't recall if it was appropriate loss or not, but about 6 months later she started getting the "holychit have you lost weight, girl???" comments.

It was a slow & steady process for her. I've lost touch with her since, so I don't know how soon she met her goals.

(I also had two gals in my nursing class that had gastric bypass, and BOTH of them still, to this day, eat like CHIT... sure, they eat 10 doritos instead of the whole bag, but that's their "lunch".... blech.)

Unsolicited advice here - I love food, and I love to eat, and I have bad habits around food. I took phentermine (the "safe" part of phen-fen) in 2006 and LOVE LOVE LOVED it, and pulled out my stash this past week just to drop some steroid weight before my FET. Yeh, today was day 4 of about 600 cals a day. I just don't need to eat. Period. I have been doing a couple bites of protein, fats, carbs, and the rest of the time I eat celery or peapods, vegs,  to keep my mouth busy ;-)  lol. Trust me when I say I'm obsessed with food, but when I take the Phen, I don't think about it.  It's not safe while pregnant, so I'll kiss it goodbye for now, but I cannot tell you how nice that little pill works for me. (I'm down 5 lbs in 4 days, no chit)  If you've not tried it, it's worth a consideration. (careful there's knockoffs online that are different) No stimulant effects, cheap, and gives you a whole new way of eating. You come to realize you don't NEED to eat that whole pizza, two pieces are fine. KWIM?

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    My former coworker did. She needed to lose about 150 lbs and stalled at half that for the last few years. She still eats crap but not much of it.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A coworker of mine just had it done in march. She lost 25lbs pretty quickly and has steadily lost between 1 and 3 lbs a week. She actually eats pretty healthy, but gained weight when she went thru menopause and couldn't get it off. She did have a few issues about 3 months after and didn't lose much weight, but is now back on track. She recently started going back to the gym. She's lost 13lbs in the last 3 1/2 weeks. There are some unpleasant things, about it. If you would like to hear about those, let me know, otherwise I'll spare you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"