Baby Names

The Little Girl Named FEMALE

I have to share this story because it's unbelievable and 100% true!

I know a social worker who worked with a "client" who was a new mom. One day she came in to the office with her baby girl and announced that her name was pronounced "Fe-molly." The social worker said that was a unique name and asked her how she came up with that name and then the girl got very angry and said that the hospital took it upon themselves and named her little girl without her permission.... True story, she named her little girl FEMALE because it was on the birth card that she received at the hospital.... Wow.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Little Girl Named FEMALE

• I've heard this one several times.

Scroll down: https://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp

ETA: It definitely could be true, I'm just a skeptic :P

• My sis in law was the social worker and told me this... hmmm... 

Well, I'm actually hoping that it is just a joke and not for real! HAHA!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Uggggg, do you know how many times we have heard these "TRUE" stories? What about the Hogg sisters, Latrina, Ldasha (La-sha), etc...

• imagejillyc:

Uggggg, do you know how many times we have heard these "TRUE" stories? What about the Hogg sisters, Latrina, Ldasha (La-sha), etc...

:( I suppose I'll just delete this then because I feel like an ass to have believed my sis in law's story. 

• Sh*t - it won't let me delete it. lol
  • imagejillyc:

Uggggg, do you know how many times we have heard these "TRUE" stories? What about the Hogg sisters, Latrina, Ldasha (La-sha), etc...

If you had heard it for the first time, it's likely you'd believe it too. I know I thought the Ima-Hogg thing was true at one point. 

Sorry you feel like an ass OP. I'd probably trust my SIL too, but she most likely heard this one from someone, who heard it from someone, etc.

• LOL S'okay. I should've known not to trust her because she fibs sometimes... but it made perfect sense since she really was a social worker in... West Virginia! HAHAHA
  • imageMike&Care:
    imagejillyc:

If you had heard it for the first time, it's likely you'd believe it too. I know I thought the Ima-Hogg thing was true at one point. 

Sorry you feel like an ass OP. I'd probably trust my SIL too, but she most likely heard this one from someone, who heard it from someone, etc.

Omg, I've heard an "Ima Pigg" name story from a social worker YEARS ago & totally believed her. After reading this now I'm doubting the story =(
    DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Those darn social workers and their false stories! HAHA!!!
  • OP, don't feel like an ass.  I'm a total skeptic and still believed the L-a one the first time I heard it.  
  • imageMike&Care:
    imagejillyc:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg

There WAS an Ima Hogg- quite prominent in Texas history actually. Although she didn't have a sister, and there's no confirmation her dad realized the unfortunate combination of her name. 

• Don't worry, OP, you are not the first one to fall for one of them.

And also, I love Galway so you get a pass :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not the first person to fall for it. I tried to tell a bunch of nurses the other day that they did NOT know someone who knew the original Sh*thead, but alas, they thought I was lying. Sigh.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • How weird that she would lie to you.
  • imagejennasita:

okay, but her sister wasnt Ura Hogg, right?

• Don't feel bad, you didn't know.  Now if she tells you about Lemonjello and Orangejello, then you'll KNOW she's FOS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"