Working Moms
Options

Questions for those with a Cleaning Service / Maid

I read the post below about those of you who have cleaning services. It's something I'm interested in as my maternity leave comes to an end (heading back to work in 4 weeks).

The going rate seems to be $85 - $100 per "session." What does a session entail? Does s/he clean all the rooms (including bedrooms?) Do they clean showers, toilets, etc? 

I'm a neat freak, but not a clean freak. I have no problems keeping my house clutter free and organized, I just HATE the deep cleaning and find it so time consuming. 

I'm basically wanting someone to dust, vacuum, mop, and do the bathrooms (shower, toilet, etc). 

Dishes, laundry, and daily clutter maintenance I can handle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions for those with a Cleaning Service / Maid

• Options

That is what mine does. And she will fold laundry if I have left it in the washer or dryer and change the sheets - although I usually do that stuff so she can focus on the deeper cleaning stuff.

• Options
    A good cleaning service will charge you depending on the size of your house, not by hour. They will do a deep cleaning (baseboards, blinds, dust, wash floors, toilets, clean bathtub, mirrors, etc.) and extras like change sheets on your bed, fold laundry, wash inside of your windows and clean the inside of your fridge upon your request. I would not recommend chain cleaning services, they overcharge you and they rush, (expect one person to be there a minimum of 4 hours if you live in a house, not apartment). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is $55 every other week.  She does EVERYTHING!  Cleans the floors, ceiling fans, scrubs the bathrooms, changes the sheets and changing table. dishes, dusts, scrubs the microwave and stove burners, vacuums my couches (cause I have hairy dogs), etc.  She's willing to do laundry and did for the family I nannyed for but I felt too guilty so I do my own laundry.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Our lady does deep cleaning weekly for $20hr.  I prefer her to any of the cleaning services that I have tried as they tend to charge much more in my area and have always "rushed" the job to get done since they are pais by the job not the hour. Ours will clean anything or organize anything that we like and she stays about 3.5 hours a week.  It would be very hard for me to ever let her go now that I am back at work.
    Missed m/c discovered 11.30.09 at 9w2d DS Born 10.26.10 Missed m/c discovered 11.7.11 at 8w3d Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Standard rate around here seems to be $75 per visit (once every two weeks), but they do a lot of unecessary tasks for that price IMO. For instance, they would clean the inside of my washing machine. Um ya. No thanks. I cut it down to the basics (clean the floors, dust, clean the bathroom and kitchen) and brought the price down to $60.

My mom is a cleaning lady and the agency she works for is a little different. They charge per the hour, and you basically give them a list of things to do in order of importance and they do as much as they can within the alloted time. I like that concept because it gives you more flexibility in terms of what you want your cleaning lady to do, but it seems like it's NOT the way most places are around here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ours comes weekly and does all of the actual "cleaning", including taking out the trash, wiping out all appliances like the microwave, moving furniture to vacuum underneath, changing sheets/making beds, cleaning the tub/toilet, etc.

She does not do laundry or dishes.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"