High-Risk Pregnancy

At what point were you put on insulin?

I'm curious what were your fasting numbers before the doc had you start insulin?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: At what point were you put on insulin?

• Please pardon my grammatical errors!  I posted before I reread.
  • My fasting was between 95-105 every morning for 2 weeks, and I got insulin at that point, for fasting only. I was 22 weeks I think. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm wondering about the pills some women take, too.  I have no idea about any of those and I rarely see anyone talk about them on this board.
  • I think I'm starting insulin on Monday for my lunch scores.  My fasting have all been ok but my lunch is consistently over 130 (7 out of 9 scores).  They said to email them on Monday with my Friday-Sunday scores and let them know if I want to start it, they are willing to let me go a little longer but nothing is changing right now so I think it's time.  It only took a week of too high scores for them to talk about it but they would let me go another week at this point.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagegen2009:
    I'm wondering about the pills some women take, too.  I have no idea about any of those and I rarely see anyone talk about them on this board.

My nutritionist mentioned those at my last appt, she said they don't like to use them because injections are easier to control.  With pills, the body can respond inconsistently but that doesn't happen as often with injections.

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I became type II  after my son, so that might make a bit of a difference. 

I was put on glyburide with my DS around 29 weeks when my sugars were consistently around 105 in the mornings, by 34 weeks I had to take it 3x a day (I think? I can hardly remember now.) 

I was put on insulin with DD around 6 or 7 weeks because even on 2000 mg metformin which was lowering my sugars, my fasting was close to 130 and my after meals was in the upper 180's. By the end of my pregnancy with her I was on 95 u of NPH before bed, and about 70 units fast acting with another 40 NPH with my meals with a sliding scale. But my sugars were 81 fastings and 115 after meals.

My body doesn't handle pregnancy very well. I am now back on 1500 mg of met, and my  fasting sugars are in the high 90's and my after meals are in the 130's. 

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

• imageHeather & Nayt:

I became type II  after my son, so that might make a bit of a difference. 

I was put on glyburide with my DS around 29 weeks when my sugars were consistently around 105 in the mornings, by 34 weeks I had to take it 3x a day (I think? I can hardly remember now.) 

I was put on insulin with DD around 6 or 7 weeks because even on 2000 mg metformin which was lowering my sugars, my fasting was close to 130 and my after meals was in the upper 180's. By the end of my pregnancy with her I was on 95 u of NPH before bed, and about 70 units fast acting with another 40 NPH with my meals with a sliding scale. But my sugars were 81 fastings and 115 after meals.

My body doesn't handle pregnancy very well. I am now back on 1500 mg of met, and my  fasting sugars are in the high 90's and my after meals are in the 130's. 

I am in the same boat. I was on GLyburide with baby 1 and now insulin with baby 2. They believe me to be type 2 but on Christmas day last year, the day I conceieved, my sugar after a big Christmas dinner and cakes and sweet was only 120 after 2 hours, so I thought I was in the clear.

Was put on insulin basically as soon as we found out. I tested positive at 3 weeks after my period so we detected it early thank goodness. Started out on 5 units of Humalog and then 15 of NPH. Now at 33 weeks I am around 60-70 humalog and 98 NPH. ANd my fasting numbers are still high. I don't know what else to do. Yesterday was 93, today was 121.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on 1000mg Metformin daily while TTC.  I am 13 weeks and starting insulin tonight ;0(  All my post-meals were in normal range, but my morning fasts were in the 1teens(111-115) consistently.  With perfect dieting, I got a 102 and a 106 and a 108, which was still too high to him.  So.... Insulin at night it is.  I'm only starting on 6 units to err on the side of caution.  Hopefully, I can keep it there with diet and exercise....
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"