Attachment Parenting

Moby wrap help

Well, we tried the Moby wrap today and it was a big fat flop! I've been watching the tutorials on Moby's website but when I try to duplicate the actions it just doesn't seem to be working. My material does not stretch in the same way that the video appears to be stretching and I can't figure out how my LO (who is little, just shy of 7 pounds) will fit in the fabric folds.

I started youtubing videos and it seems like the majority of newborn hug holds have the baby touching mom's shirt, with the fabric over the baby instead of having the baby between the fabric folds. Is that the way to do it and I'm just looking at the Mobywrap.com tutorial wrong?

I really want the Moby wrap to work and no one around me uses one to ask for in person help :(

Re: Moby wrap help

• This is so hard to explain on here, I hope I can help you. I LOVED my Moby and my DS lived in it for 4 months. The hug hold was always my favourite.

When I did it DS DID touch me, his chest against mine, the fabric came across his back and his legs and lower body were in the pocket. It definetly takes a lot of practice to play with and get used to the tying and folding. Just really focus to ensure the lower part of LO is securly tucken inside the pockets buts i Think its fine if his chest touches yours. Good Luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can you PIP your wrap job/LO in the wrap? It might help for us to understand what you mean and where you're going wrong. LO is definitely against your chest ... none of the Moby fabric should be between you, if that is what you're asking.

Tighten the Moby until it feels like a tight t-shirt (still comfortable, but definitely snug). The basic front carry wrap looks like a Y (or an X) across your chest, plus a "belt" around your waist. Put LO on your chest and tuck him into one leg of the Y and then the other. Another way to explain it might be to pull one side of the fabric over him completely, and then the other side completely as well (like two layers of a blanket). Then pull up the "belt" as the third layer of a blanket. He should feel very secure. Does that help?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I couldn't get it from the directions from Moby...I had to watched YouTube videos. Also, I found it worked better when I scrunched the fabric vs folding it in half which is what I think you are saying. Try that...that worked great for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekatiewhompus:

Well, we tried the Moby wrap today and it was a big fat flop! I've been watching the tutorials on Moby's website but when I try to duplicate the actions it just doesn't seem to be working. My material does not stretch in the same way that the video appears to be stretching and I can't figure out how my LO (who is little, just shy of 7 pounds) will fit in the fabric folds.

I started youtubing videos and it seems like the majority of newborn hug holds have the baby touching mom's shirt, with the fabric over the baby instead of having the baby between the fabric folds. Is that the way to do it and I'm just looking at the Mobywrap.com tutorial wrong?

I really want the Moby wrap to work and no one around me uses one to ask for in person help :(

Baby should be up against you with the fabric holding the baby to you.   

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • vanfoxvanfox member

imageRunningGal900:
    I couldn't get it from the directions from Moby...I had to watched YouTube videos. Also, I found it worked better when I scrunched the fabric vs folding it in half which is what I think you are saying. Try that...that worked great for us.

All of this. Also, DS never ever wanted his legs in, not even when he was 3 weeks old and 7.5 lbs. I had to start him with the legs out carries right away.

• I had to have in-person help when I got started. The mistake I was making was after the cross in back, and then the cross in front, I wasn't tucking the ends under the initial band across my waist.  Who knows if that's your problem, but it took someone watching me to tell me where I was going wrong. 

Maybe you could take a video of yourself and we could find your mis-step that way?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"