Upstate NY Babies
Options

Family Photo outfits

For family photos, I think I DH and I will be wearing this:  Mine is a bright pink shirt and DH's is a bright blue polo, but it has lines on it, is that ok?  And then we will both wear kahki shorts, mine go down to just above my knees and so do his.

If we go with the above for us, should dd wear this dress or a solid short sleeve purple shirt with khaki shorts.  The only thing is, it is in mid-september, so it may not be warm out.  I mean warm enough for a sundress, and we will be doing photos outside.

Dress:

https://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/zoom_popup.jsp?productId=845524892734923

Last year, we didn't think at all about what we were wearing and it kind of annoys me when I look at the photos.

And also, just bc I want to share this too - DD calls carrots Cockies and while typing this out has asked me for cockies and now she is sitting next to me watching super why and intermittently giggling and saying Yum Cockies!

Re: Family Photo outfits

• Options

HAH! (about cockies)

I have to admit, when I saw just the shirts for you and DH I was like "meh". After seeing DD's dress and how it ties your shirts together I LOVE the outfit choices!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's not too patterny?

I just hope it is not too cold out by then!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, they all tie together, very cute!  If it gets too cold out,maybe have a short cardigan for E or something to cover her arms.
  • Options
    No! Not too patterny. I just got Nat a little "pointenlle" cardigan from carters for 3.99, maybe check around for a little sweater?
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It all goes together cute, but it's a bit too busy, IMO. I tend to go for a more simplistic look in pics. That way your faces are the focus, not a bright/patterned shirt. 

Also just a thought- if you are doing pics in Sept, you may want to think about going w/ more of a fall look. Those outfits are really summery. So, if you are getting the pics done in mid-Sept, you will get the prints by say, early Oct. So it will be full-on fall, and you guys will have new pics in shorts and summer colors. Like I said, just a thought about what I would do. If you were getting the pics taken today, I would say the outfits are perfect for the season. 

• Options

I agree with NikCole...I think the outfits look really cute together but may be a little too much for a photo. I would stick with muted colors too - browns/greys/blues...maybe with a pop of burnt orange or a deep yellow. NikCole also make a great point with thinking about the seasons - if you ware wanting these to be on or in Christmas cards - it may look a little off.

AND....as a photography enthusiast - bright colors can sometimes look pretty bad in photos because they are hard to expose correctly, esp in sunlight. Also - they can sometimes create a color cast on skin which could be an issue too.

• Options

If I'm being totally honest, that dress is busy for photos, especially with your DH's striped shirt.  When we have taken photos, we've always been told by the photographers to try and avoid big patterns, it distracts from the face.  The purple outfit you described might be better.

• Options
    Hmm, I will have to take a look at what other outfits we have that won't be as bright and patterny.  I don't care so much about it being a fall vs summer look, bc honestly, I wanted these done in August for her birthday anyway, but we are too busy and DH really wanted me to wait until after his triathlon is done.  I'll probably be doing more pictures anyway in the winter - either maternity or once the new baby is here or both.
  • Options
    I agree with NikCole and Telyco.  
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE the outfits and i nearly spit wine on my screen about "Yum, cockies"
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.