Success after IF
Options

Intro and question: Curvy cervix or cervical stenosis?

Hi everyone - I am not yet a "success" story, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know if they've experienced something similar to what I'm going through right now. 

First, my brief story. I had to have a D&C after a missed miscarriage last year. It was an aggressive D&C which required a couple of stitches to be placed in my cervix for repair. Fast forward to this year and lots of BFNs later DH and I have started to see an RE. The first RE we visited attempted two diagnostic hysteroscopies but both failed. He couldn't locate the cervical opening. His recommendation was to do some sort of laparoscopic surgery or gestational surrogacy. So, we got a second opinion. Dr. #2 has located what he believes to be my cervical opening (lots of scar tissue around it) but cannot pass a thin wire through without causing lots of pain. He says it could be caused by lots of things, so the plan of action now is to do an 'exploratory' hysteroscopy and HSG under conscious sedation in mid-August. He says what could be going on is something like a curvy cervix, or cervical stenosis and he said that one of the things that he could do is place a stent in the canal. He'll have to just make that call when we're performing the procedure. He'll also do all the diagnostic stuff we'd do during an office HSG to see if there's anything else causing the IF.

So I guess my question is whether anyone out there has experienced something like this? What did you go through to repair it? What was your experience after repairing the issue? Was this one of the issues causing IF? How did you get pregnant afterwards (IUI/IVF)?

Thanks! 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
TTC since Oct '09
Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
Began our IF journey in May '11
Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
4-week NICU stay, home 9/3

Re: Intro and question: Curvy cervix or cervical stenosis?

• Options

First time around we thought it was annovulation causing my IF, but after multiple rounds of clomid and no BFP-we moved to IUI. Found out at that point that I had what they thought was cervical stenosis. Actually had to use a catheter (that they use for IVF ET) for the IUI-only thing they could get to thread, while using ultrasound guidance. We got pregnant on IUI#2.

This 2nd go at it, we figured cervical stenosis would be fixed after having a vaginal delivery...not so much. RE scheduled a trial IUI before our cycle and was completely unable to pass the catheter in the same manner as when we were TTC#1. Ended up having a hysteroscopy with conscious sedation-they were able to pass with a full bladder and realized I don't have cervical stenosis, but a "tortuous cervix" (basically meaning a curvy cervix). They had to do a "road map" to map out how to thread the catheter through. We were able to get pregnant on IUI#1 that time, but unfortunately ended in m/c. So we're back to square one...apparently I'm very difficult as we've started cycling again, and on our last IUI-the RE had to work her schedule out so that she could do it-she said she only trusted that she and another dr at the clinic would be able to do it. yikes!

Well anyway-that got sorta long! sorry! just wanted to let you know you're not alone! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"