Infertility

FU Insurance!!!

So apparenlty every year my insurance company requires day 3 BW.  Ok not a problem.  I went in wednesday for BW.  I also started BCP that night in prep for my 3rd IVF (last one the insurance will cover before i'm OOP).

Anyway, I come out of my accupuncture appt today felling all relaxed, re-energized, and hopeful that third time will be the charm.  I have a voice mail from my nurse, basically saying that the insuance got my day 3 BW and because my estrogen levels were so high they want me to have a "natural period" before they will approve the 3rd IVF.  And that I should stop my BCP.  Ug!  Of course my estrogen levels would be high, they were jacking up my hormoned for the past severl weeks!

Its just frustrating because that basically puts us off about another month.  We were planning on an ER in late Aug and ET in early Sept . . . but now it looks like we'll be in the Sept/October time frame!!!

It was too late to talk to my nurse, so i'll talk to her monday to get any questions answered.

I only took my BPC wed and thurs, so hopefully that won't affect my "natural period" too much.

I know I should be thankful that I have some coverage.  It's just frustrating that's all.  Not only is this the last one they'll pay for, but they are making me put it off another month!

FU Insurance . . . and FU IF!

Angry 

Ok, I feel better now!  (sort of)

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FU Insurance!!!

• It looks like your clinic doesn't make you have a natural cycle in between? Well ya, of course you hormones levels are a little wacky with all of the drugs they give us. Sorry you have to go through all of the red tape of insurance, but like you said, luckily you have this one more covered by insurance, so make it a good one. I know it sucks, but just think about giving this upcoming IVF the best shot you've got, and if that means waiting a cycle, then that's what you have to do. Try to get back to that relaxed and re-energized feeling that you had before the voicemail and look forward to the upcoming cycle, with hormones back in check.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry Tongue Tied All of the administrative/logistical/insurance issues can be endlessly frustrating and annoying.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh times ten...delays drive me batty!  I'm sorry, sweetie.
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"