Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Got a sweet note...

From hubby's grandparents with their check in support of our mission trip.  They said it was in honor of our sweet Hannah Grace and that they were proud of us for how we have handled everything, etc.  Made me bawl of course.

I wonder if they would have been proud of how hard I slammed the guest room door after putting some cards, etc. in there - that was my reaction when I realized that months ago I was tellling my mom I wanted to have the nursery completely done by August 1 at the latest because it would be hot, I would be huge and I wanted to be prepared if our baby came early.  Since it is still a guest room with baby stuff hidden in the dresser I currently hate that room, hence the door slamming.

Also, I have had too much coffee and smell like a foot.  I think I will shower and maybe that will help my sulky mood :)

Welcome to random thought Saturday!  What are YOUR random thoughts?

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Got a sweet note...

• Also, we had made a donation to Gideons International to have Bibles placed in honor of our daughter, and I thought they never sent us a card - I wanted a card that said her name and that this was done in her honor.  As it turns out, it did come, I just found it going through some old mail.  It made me smile and feel sad all at once.  While I am glad that good is coming from her short life, I would still rather be putting away baby clothes than memorial cards. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• LbloomLbloom member

I got a card from our parish letting us know the full amount of her memorial fund that is being donated to the charity we chose. I'm glad her short life is doing so much good. 

I also got a memorial book in the mail today with her name stamped on it in gold letters. It was donated by local businesses in town. It was nice. I agree with you, however. I would rather be putting baby clothes in her dresser since it's laundry day, rather than putting memorial books and cards in her dresser.

(We had our family help us put away all the things we had ready for her, when we got home from the hospital. We were full term and her things were in our bedroom since we are currently in a one-bedroom apartment. I was still recovering from the emergency c-section and could hardly walk. I'm glad they were there to help us put it all away into storage. It would have been way too hard to see all that in there every day.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"