Postpartum Depression

2 questions

Two questions for you - I came across a website on here a while back that was a great PPD/PPA resource.  Does anyone remember what that might had been?

Also, when you first went to seek help, did you go to a therapist or a physchiatrist, or a phsychologist.  I am not sure where to start.  I think I probably could use medication for PPA issues, but I also think I would really benefit from therapy from some more life-long issues that have really come to the front burner in my life now.  I'd appreciate some guidance.

Re: 2 questions

• Maybe postpartumprogress.com ?

I started by talking to my OB, but eventually saw both a psychiatrist and a therapist. You might have an easier time getting into a therapist. They usually have connections with a psych. if they think you could benefit from medication. 

Honestly you might start by calling your insurance provider. When it comes to mental health the coverage is so different from one policy to the next. I'd ask them where to start. I contacted my employee assistance program and they guided me with what to do and what was covered by my policy.  

Good luck to you.  

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • i contacted my ob/gyn about 2 months after i absolutely knew something was off. She called me back with a psychiatrists name and he called me immediately. I went to see him 2 days later and started on zoloft slowly. stayed on zoloft for almost 2 years. our daughter is now 4 yrs. old and i am pregnant for the last time, this will be our second child. I feel a comfort in knowing that the psychiatrist is a phone call away and I can get back on zoloft if need be. Also, if you need to talk to a psychologist along with taking the zoloft..you absolutely should. Maybe a weekly visit would help. i would recommend it for sure

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"