Adoption

we are all in

DH and I have been going back and forth with trying to decide between IVF and adoption; we always knew we would adopt, but we had thought about doing IVF first. We had many long talks over the last week and we have decided we are all in, on the adoption route. we called the attorney, and she said to just continue "getting our name out there" and letting people know we are looking. any tips on how you guys with private adoptions are doing this?

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

Re: we are all in

• I do not have any advice as we are just starting the private adoption route as well but wanted to say congrats on making the decision.  
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amm78amm78 member

Congrats on making a decision!  I felt such a weight lifted off me when we decided to adopt!

We are working with an agency, but we are also networking on our own to increase our chances of finding a match.  We have a personal adoption website and a Facebook adoption page.  We have also sent out networking emails to everyone we know.  Some people have had success with listing their profiles on websites like parentprofiles.com. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! we are excited, but just ready to figure out where to start!

I have seen the personalized web sites, but I am so NOT computer savvy; is it easy enough that a beginner could put one together? also, the only programs I have seen have been between $100 and $400 a month; have you found any that are more reasonably priced?

• amm78amm78 member
    We used www.weebly.com for our website.  They have templates and are pretty easy to use.  It is free to use and host your site, but if you want to personalize your website address like we did, there is a low fee... I want to say we paid around $40 for a year.
  • thank you, that is wonderful! I will check it out tonight!!

• Congrats on making the decision.  We made the same one!  Now that we have our DS home, I can honestly say we don't know if we will ever try IVF.  We had registered with an agency and ended up with a private adoption through word of mouth.  Tell anyone and everyone you feel comfortable telling and have them spread the word too.  Ours came in a way that I never would have expected!  I hope your child finds you quickly!!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • I just wanted to say congratulations on making the decision! We did an agency adoption, so I don't have much advice for a private adoption. I hope your child finds you quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"