Preemies

Introduction!

Hey ladies,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Tricia and I am a new proud preemie mommy.  I was posting on the August 2011 board prior to our early delivery.

Background:  Logan was born on June 27th via c-section.  I developed severe pre-eclampsia even after 1 week of hospitalized bed rest.  My protein levels were through the roof and it was safer to deliver.  He was 31 weeks, and 4 days gestation.  He came into this world at 3lbs, 12 oz and 17 in long.

I had a long 25 hours after his delivery as I had to have a magnesium sulfate IV to prevent seizures from severely high blood pressure.  It was the WORST experience ever and I had to be put on whatever medicine that would put me to sleep for the last few hours of it just to get me through.  The worst thing was that I could not see Logan until I was off the IV, it was heartbreaking.  Logan spent 2 weeks and 1 day in the NICU and was discharged weighing 4lbs, 3 oz.  He mastered bottle feeding and maintaining his temperature right away.  He was a true fighter.   Logan is now 1 month and 2 days old, and at his one month doctor appoint he weighed 5lbs, 5 oz.  He is such a good baby and getting stronger everyday.  I look forward to spending time on this board as I have found so much support on TheBump from trying to get pregnant through the Aug 2011 board.  I am sending out tons of thoughts and prayers to everyone for continued health of our little miracles. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introduction!

• Welcome ! Sounds like Logan is quite a rock star.
    BTW - my bday is June 27th, so I think it's the perfect birthday :)
  • Congratulations on the birth of your DS. What a little miracle you.

Enjoy your little guy! They grow up so fast. 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story & congratulations!
  • Welcome to the Preemie Board!  Thanks for sharing your story... we look forward to getting to know you and your little one better!!  This is a great group of ladies with a lot of great information!!  :-) Best Wishes!!
    Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Hi Tricia! Thanks for sharing Logan's story, he sounds like an amazing little fighter!  He is gaining weight like a champ, go Logan!  =)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you ladies.  It is so nice to have a place to go where people have similar situations.  Nobody we know has ever had a premature baby so everything is new and there are million questions.  Thank goodness for the internet!  

These past few weeks have definitely been a whirlwind of not only time but emotions as well.  Its crazy to think that my son isnt even supposed to be here yet and now he is sleeping right next to me.  

I hope that our story and experiences can help someone else going through this situation.   

• Congrats! I was also suppose to be an aug mom and my lo was born on 7-11. I ha a very similar birth story to you and also had to have mag sulfate for 24hrs. Good luck with your lo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome, mama!  Your signature pic of your little man is precious.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations and welcome!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"