Health & Exercise
Options

I did it! some pointers and tips.

I am happy to say that I am actually happy with how I look. I went out with my family saturday and they couldnt get over how I look. they said my god you lost all your baby weight, you are so built! I felt so good! I am below what what I was when I got married. that was my goal after I had the baby. I am 5' 8" and currently weigh 145 lbs. this is a good weight for me. I feel good. I actually might try to lose 5 more lbs. I am a size 6. I dont think I will ever be a 0 or 2 but that is ok with me. I feel great and Im healthy.

I wanted to share with you what I have been doing and what has worked for me.

First off I gained 40 lbs pregnant. after I had my son I cried and cried because I couldnt fit in my clothes. my husband would say but look what we have. it took 9 months to gain the weight. its not going to come off on its own. I was like you are right!  then all of a sudden things fit. its like christmas now because last year I wasnt in my summer clothes because I was pregnant. its a great feeling when I can slide on a pair of capris and they fit!

I have always been active. I am a certified group fitness instructor and spinning instructor. but after the birth of my son, I am only teaching a muscle class on saturday mornings. I do work 3 days a week. there is a gym here at work and when I am home I do walks with the baby. I do lunges, squats and calf raises when I dry my hair or bruch my teeth. I am always dancing or jumping around with luca. He loves it. I also do crunches with him. him sitting on my belly or me holding him and doing abs twists.

what I found out was I didnt need to workout for hours and hours to get results. I use the quality, not quantity attitude. I make the best out of the workouts and workout no more than an hour.

I used to workout for hours a day sometimes 3 hours. I used to workout on my lunch hour and then go to the gym for two hours. this all changed when I got pregnant and had Luca. I simply dont have the time. I would rather spend my time with my son.

What you eat is important. I eat clean. I eat what I give my son. When he eats I eat. When he snacks I snack. I do not do dairy because Luca is allergic and to be honest I dont really miss it. I do soy. Lowfat soy milk and yogurt. I try to stay in the 1600-1800 calories a day. I am still breatfeeding. I do look at serving sizes and pay attention to them. this can be a big opps for people. you will be surprised what a serving size is. If I want something special I will eat it, but do it one day a week.  Sundays are my cheat days.

I want to live a healthy lifestyle. I want to pass on good eating habits and an active lifestyle to luca. I have struggled with an eating disorder and spent all my life dieting, addicted to diet pills and excessive workouts. I am now at a place where I am healthy and feel great.

here is my workout week and my eating plan. I thought this would be helpful for you.

Workouts:

Monday: lunch hour workout. Weight training. Total body. Either my body pump dvds ,Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, or just on my own with weights. I lift somewhat heavy. I stick to the 15-20 reps, 3 sets, 2 exercises per each body part.

Tuesday: Home (walk with Luca) I do 3-4 miles around neighborhood. I have hills. so I sprint up hills.

Wednesday: Lunch hour workout. Weight training. total body.

Thursday: Lunch hour workout. Run/walk 3 miles outside.

Friday: Home-(walk with Luca) again 3-4 miles.

Saturday: Teach 1 hour Muscle class. total body workout. I also incorporate cardio bursts.

Sunday: rest.

Menu: I eat nothing white. Its whole wheat or whole grain. I eat all the Fruits and veggies I want.

Breakfast: blueberries and strawberries with cereal, and lowfat soy milk, 1 cup coffee with vanilla soy milk and splenda. I mix my cereals. kashi honey sunshine with honey nut cherrios or honey chex.

Snack: banana, fiber one bar

Lunch:  salad with kidney beans, sunflower seeds or a turkey sandwich with hummas. (left over veggies Luca doesnt eat). watch the dressing. I like Kens light dressing.

Snack: fruit, yogurt

Dinner: pretty much eat what I want. I stick to a serving size. I dont go for seconds if I do its more veggies.  lean meat, veggies, sweet potato or rice. whole wheat pasta with meatball. 95% lean burger, turkey burgers.

I hope this helps. good luck to you all and live healthy and happy.

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: I did it! some pointers and tips.

• Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this. I really have been looking for someone to post a more in depth post about what has been working for them. I am doing alot of similar things that you are doing/did and hope to see great results with it as well. Thanks again :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great! Thanks for the positive post! Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is aweome! I love your positive attitude!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on achieving your goals!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"